The Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP) provides a grant and technical assistance for up to 3-years to new and expanding charter schools. The Colorado Department of Education has been awarded $36 million for a 2015-2018 federal Charter School Program (CSP) grant.
CCSP Grants may be awarded for reasonable, one-off expenses associated with planning, design, and implementation of a new school or significant expansion project in the form of a 3-year grant for charter schools applying in the year before the launch of a new school or significant-expansion project, or in the form of a 2-year grant for those applying the year of a project launch. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- equipment and furnishings
- professional development
- board training
- curriculum & supplies
- library development
- software, etc.
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice (SOC) Office administers the Colorado Charter Schools Program through a federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE has awarded CDE this grant from 2015-2018, a three-year period. CDE's previous CSP grant (2010-2015) has been extended through 2015/16 fiscal year to carry forward $3.9 million for a small number of new CCSP grant awards.
The following links provide information about the Colorado Charter Schools Program:
- 2015-16 CCSP Grant Application & Required Documents
- CCSP Grant Renewal Process
- Final Grant Report Template
- CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
- CCSP Weighted Lottery Policy Factsheet (PDF, updated 8/27/2015)
- 2015-16 CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar
- Technical Assistance Requirements & Resources
- CCSP Funding Awards
- CSP Non-Regulatory Guidance
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)