You are here
State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
SACPIE Announces Six Vacancies
The State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education announces six positions to be filled in December 2021:
- A Parent Representative from Congressional District 2 who serves on a school or district accountability committee.
- A Parent Representative from Congressional District 3 who serves on a school or district accountability committee.
- A Parent Representative from Congressional District 7 who serves on a school or district accountability committee.
- A Representative from a statewide organization that represents career and college guidance counselors.
- Representative from a nonprofit organization that partners with funding providers, state agencies, and service providers to assist organizations in providing services to improve the health and well-being of families and children.
- Statewide organization that represents charter schools.
Applications are due October 1, with the anticipated three-year term start date of December. The State Board of Education appoints the six positions. Click on the links below to complete the application. Contact Darcy Hutchins at email@example.com if you have questions.
Submit a Promising Partnership Practice
The State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE) and CDE invite schools, districts, early childhood centers, institutions of higher education, accountability committees, parent-teacher committees, or any other school- or district-based council to submit an application for consideration in the annual publication. The purpose of this resource is for schools, districts, and other educational organizations in Colorado to share how they partner with families and the community for student success.
The deadline is May 31st, 2021. Please complete the application here: Promising Partnership Practice Application
I'm looking for . . .
What is SACPIE?
SACPIE was established in 2009 and is the State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education. The Colorado General Assembly found that it was in:
"...the best interests of the state to create a state advisory council for parent involvement in education that will review best practices and recommend to policy makers and educators strategies to increase parent involvement in public education, thereby helping improve the quality of public education and raise the level of students’ academic achievement throughout the state." (C.R.S. § 22-7-301(2), 2012)
Families, early childhood programs, schools, and communities actively partnering to develop, implement, and evaluate effective and equitable practices to improve educational outcomes for children and youth.
SACPIE 2020 Annual Report
The SACPIE 2020 Annual Report is now available here. This document highlights SACPIE’s work during 2020 and outlines future projects. The report goes to the State Board of Education, the Colorado Commission on Higher Education, and the House and Senate Education Committees.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Colorado Department of Education or the Colorado State Board of Education.