You are here
WSCC - Success Stories
Using the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) approach , more than 400 school districts teams across Colorado have assessed the status of their "healthy school", and written action plans to improve in needed areas. Here are some of their Success Stories:
Colorado School Health and Wellness Success Stories
Congratulations to Fraser Valley Elementary School in East Grand School District 2 as winner of the Healthy Schools Champions Platinum Governor's Award!
Healthy School Champions is now in its eighth year and has awarded more than $340,000 in awards to Colorado schools and districts. With the support of The Colorado Health Foundation, schools have received awards ranging from $300 to $7,500 per award. In 2018, Fraser Valley Elementary School in East Grand School District 2 is recognized as the winner of the Platinum Governor’s Award for School Health and Wellness for successfully embedding health as a core component of their mission, vision, policies and instructional model that includes all components of school health.
2018 Healthy School Champions Award Winner
2017 Healthy School Champions Award Winners
- Health, Wellness, and Academics: A Leadville School and Community Success Story
- Integrating Health and Wellness for Student Success: The Story of Archuleta School District
National School Health and Wellness Success Stories
- State Successes in Improving School Nutrition, Physical Education, Physical Activity, and the Management of Chronic Health Conditions in Schools
- Spotlight on Success: Frisco Independent School District Building a district strategic plan supporting health and wellness
- Tacoma Public Schools: Whole Child Initiative
- Westport Connecticut Spotlight on Success
Connect With Us