* * Scheduled System Maintenance: Tuesday, August 9 starting at 5pm and overnight through 7am* *
All single sign on applications including Pipeline, RANDA, LACES, UIP, ConsApp, ESSER, READ Budget and EASI will be unavailable.
You are here
High Growth Title I Schools Videos
Use the links below to access videos of principals discussing their successes with some of the Leadership, School Culture, and Best First Instruction indicators, as well as a video of principals describing to what they attribute their school’s high catch-up growth.
- Principal leadership
- Leadership video 1 - Principal addresses the importance of creating a culture to support all students and working together to accomplish this.
- Leadership video 2 - Principal discusses his leadership style and the importance of relationships.
- Leadership video 3 - Principal discusses the high expectations that he holds for staff and students.
- Distributed leadership
- Leadership video 4 - Principal speaks to a norm of shared leadership in the building, and why this is important.
- Principal’s presence
- Core mission, vision and beliefs of the school permeate the culture
- Expectations for high levels of staff and student performance – no excuses
- School culture video 3 - Principal talks about the need to move from a teacher focus to a student focus: considered a critical factor in a school’s success.
- School culture video 4 - Principal discusses how, in years past, there was a lot of excuse-making and how this was overcome.
- School culture video 5 - Principal discusses how teachers’ attitudes and expectations were out of sync. School conducted book studies to change thinking.
- Laser-like focus on the work necessary to accomplish student success
- Consistent and clear expectations for behavior and academic performance
- School culture video 8 - Principal discusses how he tries to put discipline into perspective, as a means to a learning end.
- School culture video 9 - Principal addresses the importance of what’s going on and why: becomes the causative factor for misbehavior.
- School culture video 10 - Principal discusses the need for an organizational schema and adult’s use of consistent processes.
- Apparent constructive synergy throughout the school at all levels – partnerships are evident
Best First Instruction
- Data informs teaching and learning
- Best first instruction video 1 - Principal discusses using data to set grade-level and teacher goals.
- Quality instructional time
- Well-planned lessons framed around standards/curricula
- Best first instruction video 4 - Principal talks about connecting instruction to standards.
Each principal provides a brief summary of the factors they believe contributed to the success of their school in increasing the academic performance of their lowest performing students.
For Additional Information Contact:
send an email