You are here
Teacher Student Data Link
The Teacher Student Data Link (TSDL) Snapshot combines the course instructor and course enrollment TSDL interchange files in each course instructed during the reported school year. The link shows the instructional relationship between educators and the students that are in their classrooms. The data can be used to inform LEAs to inform course participation patterns, help improve Educator Effectiveness, and advise on the effectiveness of educator preparation programs.
The 2018-19 Teacher Student Data Link is open and available for reporting data for districts with migrant students. All other districts are also able to report TSDL data, however it is not required. To clarify, all districts do not need to submit the course instructor file. For districts with migrant students: 1) local courses codes must be mapped, 2) course enrollment file must be uploaded for any 8th-12th grade migrant student receiving partial or full credit and 3) the snapshot must be created and finalized for migrant students. For districts without migrant students: 1) local courses codes do not need to be mapped, 2) No TSDL data file is required to be uploaded and 3) the snapshot does not need to be created or finalized.
The 2019-20 Teacher Student Data Link will open in fall 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year reporting period. Beginning in 2019-2020, all districts are required to report TSDL data for students in grades 6 – 12 only. To clarify, all districts need to participate in the TSDL collection in school year 2019-2020 and must include both non-migrant and migrant students who are enrolled in grades 6 – 12. Please be aware that the collection is still able to accommodate data submitted for students in grades K – 5 for those districts finding it easier to submit data for all students than to restrict the data to middle and high school students, but it is not a requirement to submit data for K – 5 students due to a legislative change in 2018 (please see H.B. 18-1379).
- The 2018-19 Teacher Student Data Link snapshot is scheduled to open on January 22, 2019.
- 2018-2019 Teacher Student Data Link Timeline (updated 02/05/2019)
File Layout and Definitions
- 2018-2019 Teacher Student Data Link Snapshot File Layout (PDF) (posted 01/24/2019)
- 2019-2020 Teacher Student Data Link Snapshot File Layout (PDF) (posted 04/02/2019)
- 2018-2019 TSDL Snapshot Business Rules (XLS) (posted 01/24/2019)
- Email from Commissioner Anthes (PDF) (posted 02/05/2019)
- TSDL Snapshot Cognos Reports (06/20/2018)
- Visit the TSDL Interchange Page for checklists, other documentation, and trainings.
Contact: Annette Severson at Severson_a@cde.state.co.us