You are here
CDE-Provided Reading Training — Online
Explore Reading Course Options
For questions about online course registration or platform support email PepperSupport@pcgus.com.
For questions about the CDE-Provided Teacher Training options email ReadActTraining@cde.state.co.us.
For all other questions related to the READ Act email ReadAct@cde.state.co.us.
Reading Course Details:
- Registration for the online asynchronous training “Building a Strong Foundation: Developing Early Literacy Skills” by the Public Consulting Group, Inc. is now open.
- After registering, participants will receive access to the course in the Pepper Learning Experience Platform.
- Access to the course will be available to all registered participants until they fully complete the course and pass the end of course assessment. It is important to note that the READ Act requires that all K-3 teachers in grades K-3 fulfill the READ Act teacher training requirement by August 1, 2022.
- Completion of all course modules and a score of 80% or higher on the end of course assessment are required to meet the evidence-based training in teaching requirement.
- If you do not obtain an 80% or higher after three attempts on the end of course assessment, click here to contact the CDE.
New Information for Instructional Leaders!
CDE has created a Facilitator Guide designed to support school leaders in implementing the learning from the online teacher training into practice in their school context. The facilitator guide offers flexible options for reviewing key course concepts, analyzing school curriculum and student data, and implementing evidence-based literacy instructional practices in all K-3 classrooms.
13.01(C)(2)(a): Successfully completed a CDE-provided reading training designed to meet this training requirement and passed the end of course assessment of learning
Educators will submit evidence of meeting the evidence-based training in teaching reading requirement to the CDE through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system.
Important Dates for Teachers
August 1, 2022: evidence-based training in teaching reading must be completed
August 15, 2022: documentation must be submitted to the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system
All teachers who teach in kindergarten through grade three, must complete the training by August 1, 2022 to meet the deadline. In subsequent years, teachers hired after June 1, 2022 must enroll in the READ Act teacher training as soon as they receive their district email address. Teachers are expected to complete the training without delays so as to not impact the distribution of READ Act per-pupil dollars to the local education agency.
District informs teachers of the option to register for the CDE-provided online teacher training and provides information on how to register.
District maintains a record of which teachers have met this requirement.
District reports this information to the CDE upon request.
Please note: teachers must retain all documentation.
Teacher registers for the CDE-provided online training.
Teacher completes the CDE-provided online reading training and takes the end of course assessment earning a passing score.
Teacher receives a certificate of completion which notes that he/she has successfully passed the end of course assessment.
Teacher submits his/her certificate of completion through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system by linking his/her Pepper and COOL accounts following the steps below.
Log in to his/her COOL account.
Select “My Profile”.
Select “Designations” in the Credential section of their profile.
Select the “Link My Pepper Account” link and follow the instructions.
The link will take him/her to Pepper
Log in using his/her Pepper account credentials
Upon successful completion of this process, a confirmation statement will appear in the green bar beneath the “Link to Pepper” instructions.
Teacher receives and saves a copy of documentation from the CDE that demonstrates the “READ Act designation” attached to their CDE file.
Teacher provides the district with documentation of successful completion of course requirements.