You are here
CDE-Provided Reading Training - Face-to-Face
Explore Reading Course Options
Reading Course Details:
- Registration for "Keys to Beginning Reading" by Keys to Literacy is now open.
- All face-to-face sessions will be held virtually as synchronous sessions.
- Class sizes will be capped at 30 participants.
- If a minimum of 15 participants do not register for a cohort, the cohort may be canceled.
- Registration for courses will close 2 weeks prior to the first training session to allow for manuals to be mailed to participants.
- Course manuals will be mailed to participants soon after registration closes.
- Attendance at all training sessions and a score of 80% or higher on the end of course assessment are required to meet the evidence-based training in teaching requirement.
- Training schedules will be updated periodically and posted as dates are finalized. Sessions will continue to be offered throughout the school year and in summer.
13.01(C)(2)(a): Successfully completed a CDE-provided reading training designed to meet this training requirement and passed the end of course assessment of learning
Educators will submit evidence of meeting the evidence-based training in teaching reading requirement to the CDE through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system.
Important Dates for Teachers
August 1, 2022: evidence-based training in teaching reading must be completed
August 15, 2022: documentation must be submitted to the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system
Information on deadlines for new teachers based on hire date will be coming soon.
- District informs teachers of the option to register for the CDE-provided face-to-face teacher training and information on how to register.
- District maintains a record of which teachers have met this requirement.
- District reports this information to the CDE upon request.
Please note: Teachers must retain all documentation.
- Teacher registers for the CDE-provided face-to-face teacher training.
- Teacher completes the CDE-provided face-to-face reading training and takes the end of course assessment earning a passing score.
- Teacher receives a certificate of completion which notes that he/she has successfully passed the end of course assessment.
- Teacher submits his/her certificate of completion through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system.
- For detailed instructions on submitting documentation to COOL, click here.
- Teacher receives and saves a copy of documentation from the CDE that demonstrates the "READ Act designation" attached to their CDE file.
- Teacher provides the district with documentation of successful completion of course requirements.