Colorado schools and districts can improve student learning and system effectiveness by engaging in a cycle of continuous improvement to manage their performance. To support this purpose, the Education Accountability Act of 2009 requires each Colorado district and school to create an annual improvement plan. The Colorado Department of Education has developed a unified improvement planning template and processes to support schools and districts in their performance management efforts. The UIP template has been designed to meet state, federal, and program accountability requirements.
- Spring 2014 UIP training sessions are open for registration on the Training page.
- 2013-14 UIP Handbook, District/School UIP Quality Critiera documents, and Online 2013 UIP Tutorial are now available on the General Resources page.
- The 2013-14 district and school templates and addenda are posted on the Templates page.
- The most recently submitted Unified Improvement Plans are posted for public viewing on SchoolView.org.
- District and School Performance Framework information can be found on the District and School Performance Frameworks page within the Accountability, Performance and Support site.
- View the 2013-14 Accountability and UIP Timelines.
The UIP process map in the upper right-hand corner contains interactive links to resources available to support each step of the unified improvement planning process. By clicking on a step in the map, you will be directed to the support page for that step in the process. You may also use the links on the left-hand navigation bar to access these resources. Click on either "Unified Improvement Planning" at the top at the process map, or "Unified Improvement Planning" on the left-hand navigation to return to the UIP homepage.