You are here
Kindergarten School Readiness Data Collection
The purpose of the Kindergarten School Readiness (KSR) data collection is to provide baseline data for measuring improvement in students' knowledge and skills over time and to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for an annual legislative report.
Data reported to CDE will be from the initial fall assessment window. The initial assessment is to be completed within the first 60 calendar days of the school year as required by HB 15-1323. The collection will be open from mid-October to mid-December each year.
- View the Kindergarten School Readiness Data report from the 2017-18 school year.
- 2019-2020 KSR Collection Opening: October 9, 2019
- 2019-2020 KSR Collection Closing: December 5, 2019
File Layout and Definitions
- 2019-2020 KSR Collection File Layout and Data Elements (PDF)
- Guide for Selecting Assessment Tool Used - 2019-2020
- 2019-2020 KSR Collection File Template (XLS)
- 2018-2019 KSR Collection File Layout and Data Elements (PDF)
- Data Respondent Webinar on the North Carolina Kindergarten Entry
- When: Thursday, September 19, 2019, from 3 pm - 4 pm
- Where: https://zoom.us/j/985340481
- First-Year Data Respondents Webinar for the KSR Collection and Walk Through for GOLD® - 9/5/19
- Data Respondent Webinar on the DRDP-K Assessment - 9/12/19
Please let us know if you have ideas for further trainings!
- IdM/Access Management is the system used by CDE to assign data respondents to various collections. This is also how collection leads generate listservs for the various collections.
- Note: Please make sure email addresses are correctly inputted into this system. District local access managers (LAMs) have access to update role assignments and other information within the IdM/Access Management system. Please click "Access Management" on the bottom left-hand side to access the system.
- CDE Data Pipeline is the system by which data are submitted to CDE. Please click "Data Pipeline" on the left-hand side to access the system.
Click here for KSR FAQs.
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness data collection please contact collection lead, Tara Rhodes, Early Learning Business Analyst at 303-866-6243
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness initiative please contact Anji Gallanos, P-3 Director at 720-527-0497