The purpose of the Kindergarten School Readiness (KSR) data collection is to provide baseline data for measuring improvement in students' knowledge and skills over time and to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for an annual legislative report.
Data reported to CDE will be from the initial fall assessment window. The initial assessment is to be completed within the first 60 calendar days of the school year as required by HB 15-1323. The collection will be open from mid October to mid December each year.
- The Kindergarten School Readiness Data report from the 2017-18 school year is now available.
- The first online training webinar will be on Wednesday, September 26th. The webinar includes an online demonstration on the steps to complete the KSR collection.
Please see the training section below for information about upcoming trainings.
- 2018-2019 KSR Collection Opening: October 10, 2018
- 2018-2019 KSR Collection Closing: December 6, 2018
File Layout and Definitions
- 2018-2019 KSR Collection File Layout and Data Elements (PDF)
- Guide for Selecting Assessment Tool Used
- 2018-2019 KSR Collection File Template (XLS)
Kindergarten School Readiness Collection for First-Year Respondents
When: Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 10am-11am
View the recording
When: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 1pm-2pm
Where: Join us via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/153416011, or call in: 1-646-558-8656 Meeting ID: 153416011#
- How to… Download the new Colorado Kindergarten Readiness Report from GOLD® by Teaching Strategies (Recorded 9/5/17)
- How to… Use CDE Data Pipeline’s Format Checker
- How to… Use CDE Data Pipeline’s Validation Report
- How to… Successfully Complete and Finalize the KSR Collection (Recorded 10/4/17)
- How to… Use Other Reports Available in CDE's Data Pipeline
- How to... Select the assessment tool used in Data Pipeline
- How to… Successfully Complete and Finalize the KSR Collection (Recorded 11/8/17)
Please let us know if you have ideas for further trainings!
- An overview of the school readiness data reporting requirements
- Kindergarten School Readiness Data Reporting Fact Sheet (PDF) highlights data reporting requirements by state law and provides updates and guidance for kindergarten school readiness data reporting.
- IdM/Access Management is the system used by CDE to assign data respondents to various collections. This is also how collection leads generate listservs for the various collections.
- Note: Please make sure email addresses are correctly inputted into this system. District local access managers (LAMs) have access to update role assignments and other information within the IdM/Access Management system. Please click "Access Management" on the bottom left-hand side to access the system.
- CDE Data Pipeline is the system by which data are submitted to CDE. Please click "Data Pipeline" on the left-hand side to access the system.
- 2017-2018 Errors and Warnings Resolution Document(XLS) Sometimes the messages in the validation report or in the error report within Data Pipeline aren’t the most informative. If you need assistance resolving errors in order to complete the collection, please consult this document. It is intended to provide a better explanation of the business rules and how to resolve them if errors are received.
Click here for KSR FAQs.
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness data collection please contact collection lead, Tara Rhodes, Early Learning Business Analyst at 303-866-6243
For questions about the kindergarten school readiness initiative please contact Anji Gallanos, P-3 Director at 720-527-0497