You are here
Preschool Through 3rd Grade Office
COVID-19 and Preschool Through 3rd Grade Education
CDE's Preschool Through 3rd Grade Office has gathered resources to help answer questions regarding the COVID-19 pandemic as it relates to our early learners in Preschool Through 3rd Grade during the Stay-At-Home orders and the suspension of in-person learning. The Opening of School 2020-21 resources were prepared as a supplement to the CDE 20-21 School Year Toolkit.
We partner with educators and leaders to create seamless high-quality early learning environments for children birth through age eight. We strive for coherence and alignment throughout the P-12 system.
By focusing on strategic issues that support educational policies, the institutional capacity, and adult capabilities that support strong foundations we will promote ready systems that lead to high-quality early learning and literacy for all students preschool through third grade.
Preschool Through 3rd Grade (P-3) Approach
A growing body of research supports the knowledge that academic and social skills acquired by age eight provide the foundation for lifelong learning and success. The first decade of a child’s life is the most opportune time to influence learning paths and ensure the very best outcomes for all children. A high functioning Preschool Through 3rd Grade system is built on this knowledge.
We encourage the submission of questions before the Office Hours. Staff will answer survey questions during the webinar, however, participants are free to ask questions during the webinar.
The Preschool Through 3rd Grade Office includes the following teams:
- Preschool (Colorado Preschool Program and Preschool Special Education)
- Collaborative Projects
- Kindergarten Through 3rd Grade Literacy (READ Act)
- Data and Decision Sciences
To support the field and provide ongoing updates, the Preschool Through 3rd Grade Office held "office hours" via webinar from March through April, 2020. Use the following contacts for COVID-19 related questions:
- Preschool - questions related to the Colorado Preschool Program, Preschool Special Education, and Child Find for children from birth through age 5.
- Contact us for preschool questions.
Collaborative Projects - questions related to Early Literacy Grants, Early Literacy Assessment Tool (ELAT), and school readiness.
- Kindergarten Through 3rd Grade Literacy - questions related to the READ Act please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data and Decision Sciences - questions related to Results Matter, READ Act and Kindergarten Readiness assessments.