Resources for Kindergarten Teachers and School Leaders
Colorado Kindergarten and School Readiness
- School Readiness: Guide to Implementation and Best Practices 2016-17
- Kindergarten School Readiness Assessment Implementation Options: 2016-2017
- Please note, the Kindergarten School Readiness Guide to Implementation and Best Practices is in draft form
Want to Learn More?
- The Power of K- 10 Policies Leading to Positive Child Outcomes
- High-Quality Kindergarten Today- From the New Jersey Department of Education
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten
- PreK-3rd Movie
- Kindergarten Academic Standards- Reading, Writing & Communicating
- Kindergarten Academic Standards- Math
- North Carolina K-3 Think Tank Report
- NAEYC Position Statement
- Crisis in Kindergarten
- Excellent Teaching Practices in the Primary Classroom
- NAEYC Top 10 Signs of a Good Kindergarten Classroom
- 20 Learning & Teaching Strategies: Brain Research
- Questioning Strategies
- Seven Practices for Effective Learning
- The Neuroscience of Joyful Education
School Readiness Video Library
We wish to thank the kindergarten teachers who have partnered with us to create the videos in the Kindergarten Readiness Video Library. CDE produces these videos for professional development activities and obtains voluntary written permission from all parties who appear in these video clips.
These videos were produced and posted to this website with voluntary written permission from all parties who appear in the videos including program staff, volunteers and parents/guardians on their own behalf and that of their children.
These videos are NOT extracted in any form from child assessment records, but rather were produced by CDE for professional development activities.
Limitations on Video Use
- You may not use any of the videos on this site for commercial purposes.
- You may not edit, alter, transform or build upon any of the videos on this site.
- You may not post a copy of any of the videos on this site to any web site.
These videos come from the Washington State WAKIDS program. They have been assessing with Teaching Strategies GOLD for about three years.
Using Video Presentation
Work Samples Presentation