Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K).
The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
CDE is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness
- Read a fact sheet about the Colorado School Readiness Initiative (PDF)
- Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Listen to a recorded school readiness information webinar.
Teaching Strategies GOLD
- Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten
- Read about online training recommendations
- Visit the TS GOLD website
Funding for School Readiness Assessment
Learn more about grant funding to support district purchase of school readiness assessments.
- Read about Colorado's Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Fund (PDF)
- Listen to a webinar about the application for school readiness assessment funds for the 2014-2015 school year
School Readiness Assessments and Plans
- Updated 2014 School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document
Contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.
- Learn more about School Readiness Plans
- School Readiness Plan Template