- Application Information for the 2014-2015 School Year
- School Readiness Assessment Guidance Document contains guidance related to literacy assessment for the READ Act and school readiness initiative. Includes a sample individual school Readiness Plan.
- Information for Districts Piloting GOLD in the 2013-2014 School Year
- Informational Meetings about School Readiness and TS GOLD
Ready Child, Ready School
In the early years of each child's life, every experience, every day creates the foundation for success in school and beyond. Colorado demonstrated its commitment to school readiness and success for all children through the passage of Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K). The goal of CAP4K is to align Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system. The act included provisions related to school readiness for both the State Board of Education and local education providers.
The Colorado Department of Education is committed to providing supports and services that increase the chances of success for all children through resources for kindergarten, information about requirements, and support for implementing school readiness plans and assessment practices.
Information About School Readiness:
Teaching Strategies GOLD:
Listen to a webinar about Teaching Strategies GOLD for kindergarten.
- Read about online training recommendations
Funding for School Readiness Assessment:Learn more about grant funding to support district purchase of school readiness assessments.
Read about Colorado's Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Fund (PDF).