Food That's In When School Is Out!
For more information, contact Ashley Moen at (303) 866-6653.
2013 SFSP Training
Power Point Presentations
- Determine Your Site Eligibility using the 2013 FRAC Summer Food Mapper
To determine if your site is eligible based on 2013 Census Data, click "Find," type in the site address, and click the gray "find" button.
- Be a Volunteer
While feeding children is the top priority of the Summer Food Service Program, programming is what keeps children coming back. This takes volunteers – and LOTS of them – especially in June, July, and August. Volunteers can help with basics like transporting food, setting up, or cleaning up a site—they also plan and do educational or recreational activities with the children. We encourage Summer Food Service Program sponsors and sites to register their volunteer opportunities with www.serve.gov/endhunger. This website allows volunteer opportunities to be posted, as well as allows volunteers to search for opportunities. Go to www.serve.gov/endhunger to post or search for opportunities today!
- Food Safety Lessons
- Find a Summer Feeding Site Near You
- To find a site in your neighborhood, you can click on Hunger Free Colorado's Summer Food Map. You can also call the Hunger Free Hotline toll-free at (855)-855-4626. The hotline is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3Hungry or 1-877-8hambre to find a feeding site near you. The hotline is operated Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Call the United Way and AIRS Hotline at 2-1-1 to find a feeding site near you.
- USDA SFSP Webpage
The USDA SFSP webpage will provide you with tools and information that you and your organization need to get involved in the SFSP. At this site, you can download radio public service announcements, watch training videos, download flyers, connect with summer sites, and more!
- Successful Program Tools
- 14-2013 Tranistioning fro SFSP to CACFP At-risk Afterschool Meals
- 13-2013 Q & As Regarding the Participation of head Start Programs in Child Nutrition Programs
- 12-2013 Guidance Related to the ADA Amendments Act
- 11-2013 Eligibility Based on Census Data: 2013 Data Release
- 10-2013 Demonstration Project for Non-Congregate Feeding for Outdoor Summer Feeding Sites Experiencing Excessive Heat
- 09-2013 Tax Exempt Status for Private Nonprofit Organizations in CACFP and SFSP
- 08-2013 Site Caps in SFSP
- 07-2013 SFSP Standard Contract Threshold
- 06-2013 Additional State Requirements in SFSP: REVISION
- 05-2013 SFSP Questions and Answers
- 04-2013 Summer Feeding Options for School Food Authorities
- 03-2013 Determining Area Eligibility Based on School Data
- 02-2013 Procurement Geographic Preference Q & As - Part II
- 01-2013 Federal Small Purchase Threshold Adjustment
- Additional Policy Memos