The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) is a grant opportunity for schools to provide children with fresh fruits and vegetables during the school day, at no cost to the children. The goal of the program is to promote the consumption of fruits and vegetables among school-aged children, educate students about the benefits of fruits and vegetables, and expose them to new varieties. Teaching children healthful eating habits may help promote a healthy school environment, improve student health, and help combat childhood obesity.
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Grantee List
Thinking of participating in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program?
Elementary schools are selected for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) annually, through a simple application process. Priority goes to schools with the highest free and reduced enrollment. The application requires a plan for preparing, implementing, and marketing, establishing partnerships, education, and securing support of the FFVP. Interested schools must submit a completed application by the defined deadline.
- The current application deadline has passed and FFVP grants have been awarded for the 2016-2017 school year.
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Forms
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Resources
- Allowable vs. Unallowable Items
- FFVP Evaluation Report
- FFVP Handbook for Schools
- FFVP On-Site Monitoring
- FFVP Food Safety Basics for Classroom Service
- FFVP Toolkit
- Procuring Local Foods for Child Nutrition Programs Guide
- State and Local Resources
- Team Nutrition
- USDA Market News
- Handling Fresh Produce in Classrooms
- Storing Fresh Produce (FS 31)
- Traceability of Fresh Produce
- Verifying On-Farm Safety (FS 37)
- USDA Best Practices for Handling Fresh Produce in Schools (FS 32)
Additional Produce Safety Resources - Websites
- Application Deadline - May 13, 2016
- Final FFVP Selection - May 2016
- Agreement Due Date - June 2016
PK-12 Free/Reduced Enrollment & Percent Data from October Pupil count
For additional information, E-Mail: email@example.com