You are here
Assessment Communications Toolkit
The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate about the spring 2023 state assessments. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs.
Download and use these entire articles or just portions of them to communicate about the upcoming CMAS tests.
- Superintendents/Principals to Parents - State Assessments Matter to Families and to our School (DOC)
- Spanish language version - Superintendents/Principals to Parents - Las evaluaciones estatales son importantes para las familias y nuestra escuela (DOC)
Fact Sheets for Families
These fact sheets are designed to help districts communicate with families about the results of Colorado's 2023 state assessments.
CMAS At a Glance
- This fact sheet offers a succinct explanation of this spring's statewide tests, including the expected dates and duration of each test:
What to Expect for 2022-23
- This fact sheet provides background information about statewide assessments in Colorado:
Role of State Assessments
- This fact sheet explains the role of statewide assessments in increasing academic achievement:
- This fact sheet explains why participation in statewide testing matters to students:
PSAT and SAT
The PSAT and SAT exams, taken by Colorado’s ninth-, 10th- and 11th-graders, are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards and offer free, high-quality practice tools and scholarship opportunities. Ninth-graders and 10th-graders take the PSAT and 11th-graders take the SAT as the state college-entrance exam.
View all Communications Tools from the Communications Division
Connect With Us