You are here
Assessment Communications Toolkit
The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate about the results from the spring 2021 state assessments. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs. More materials will be added as they are updated.
Fact Sheets for Families
These fact sheets are designed to help districts communicate with families about the results of Colorado's 2021 state assessments.
- Questions and Answers for Families about Spring 2021 State Assessment Results
Questions and answers for families that address the impact of COVID-19 on assessment results.
- Colorado Measures of Academic Success: Understanding English Language Arts (ELA) and Math Score Reports
This document contains information to help parents read and interpret their student's assessment results.
- CMAS 2021 Results - What Parents Need to Know (PDF)
- This one-pager covers the unique learning experiences from the pandemic, what results can tell us about children's learning and how participation rates factor into results.
- Spring 2021 State Assessments
This fact sheet explains the changes to assessments in spring 2021.
- At a Glance 2020-21
This one-page fact sheet shows which state assessments students took in spring 2021 based on grade level and the total time students in each grade spent taking state tests.
Sample Family Letters
Districts and schools may use these sample letters to communicate with families about state assessments. Language in the documents can be used in entirety or in part to communicate about this year’s state assessments and score reports.
- Drop In Letter from Superintendents or Principals to Families about CMAS Score Reports 2021-22
Communication with Educators
Superintendents and/or Principals may use these materials to communicate with educators about state assessments. Language in the documents can be used in entirety or in part to communicate about this year’s state assessments and score reports.
- Interpreting 2021 Assessment Results (PDF)
This two-page document contains important considerations for educators when interpreting results from state assessments this year.
- Questions and Answers for Educators about 2021 State Assessment Results (PDF)
This document provides questions and answers that educators may have when looking at state assessments results.
- Drop In Letter from Superintendents or Principals to Educators (DOC)
PSAT and SAT
About PSAT and SAT
- PSAT/SAT Fact Sheet (PDF)
PSAT/SAT are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards and provide other benefits, including free, high-quality practice tools and scholarship opportunities.