Heather Villalobos Pavia
English Learner Assessment Specialist
- The ACCESS for ELLs testing window for the 2015-2016 school year will be January 11 - February 12, 2016.
- Fall 2015 ACCESS administration training dates and locations are available.
- Connect with WIDA to learn about the most up-to-date ACCESS 2.0 resources available.
- ACCESS for ELLs Test Administrators Manual for 2014-2015
- Webinar and Colorado ELP Checklist for DDH and VI students
English Language Proficiency Assessments
W-APT™ which stands for the WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test is the screener to assist in the identification of students that qualify for English Language Development (ELD) programming. Federal guidelines indicate that at the beginning of the school year districts have 30 days to screen and place students new to the district with a primary or home language other than English. Throughout the remainder of the school year, this screening and placement determination must happen within two weeks of the student's enrollment. Determination of ELD program placement is determined at the district level. For programming support, please contact the Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education.
- The annual test that measures a student’s progress in acquiring academic English is ACCESS for ELLs®. This assessment is administered to all students identified as an English Learner (NEP and LEP) in grades K-12.
- There is an alternate assessment available for students who meet qualifications for instruction using alternate standards in grades 1-12.