Heather Villalobos Pavia
English Learner Assessment Specialist
- ACCESS for ELLs data and reports are scheduled to arrive in districts the week of April 27, 2015.
- The ACCESS for ELLs testing window for the 2014-2015 school year was January 12, 2015 - February 13, 2015.
- The ACCESS SBD window was March 26, 2015 - April 7, 2015.
- ACCESS for ELLs Test Adminstrators Manual for 2014-2015
- Webinar and Colorado ELP Checklist for DDH and VI students
English Language Proficiency Assessments
W-APT™ which stands for the WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test is the screener to assist in the identification of students that qualify for English Language Development (ELD) programming. Federal guidelines indicate that at the beginning of the school year distrcts have 30 days to screen and place students new to the district with a primary or home language other than English. Throughtout the remainer of the school year, this screening and placement determination must happen within 2-weeks of the student's enrollment. Determination of ELD program placement is determined at the district level. For programming support please contact the Office of English Language Development.
- The annual test that measures a student’s progress in acquiring academic English is ACCESS for ELLs®. This assessment is administered to all students identified as an English Learners (NEP and LEP) in grades K-12.
- There is an alternate assessment available for students who meet qualifications for instruction using alternate standards in grades 1 - 12.