You are here
General Assessment Information
2023 State Content Assessment Reporting Timeline
Reports and files provided or made available by Pearson, College Board, or University of Kansas (DLM) contain or may contain student personally identifiable information. These reports and files should be treated as confidential.
Student Level Data Files
|CMAS||available June 16th via PearsonAccessnext|
|CoAlt: Science||available June 16th via PearsonAccessnext|
|CoAlt: ELA and Math (DLM)||available June 16th via Syncplicity|
|CO PSAT/SAT||available July 7th via Syncplicity|
District and School Summary Data Files
|CMAS||available June 29th via PearsonAccessnext|
|CoAlt: Science||available June 29th via PearsonAccessnext|
Individual Student Performance Reports (electronic)
|CMAS Preliminary Student Performance Reports||available June 16th via PearsonAccessnext|
|CoAlt: Science Preliminary Student Performance Reports||available June 16th via PearsonAccessnext|
|Final CMAS Student Performance Reports||available July 10th via PearsonAccessnext|
|Final CoAlt: Science Student Performance Reports||available July 10th via PearsonAccessnext|
|CO PSAT||available May 22nd via students’ online College Board account|
|CO SAT||available to students who tested on the primary test date beginning May 3rd via students’ online College Board account|
|available to students who tested on the makeup test date beginning May 18th via students’ online College Board account|
|available to educators June 9th via College Board’s K-12 assessment reporting portal|
|CoAlt: Mathematics and ELA (DLM)||available June 20th via DLM Educator Portal|
Additional CMAS Reports
||available July 10th via PearsonAccessnext|
||available July 11th via PearsonAccessnext|
||available July 20th via PearsonAccessnext|
Individual Student Performance Reports (hard copy)
|CMAS||week of July 24th|
|CO PSAT/SAT||June 23rd|
Spring 2024 Tentative Colorado State Assessment Windows
A typical state assessment administration season is scheduled for spring 2024 as required by state and federal law.
ACCESS for ELLs
January 8 - February 9, 2024
April 8 - April 26, 20242
April 15 - April 26, 2024 (TENTATIVE) Additional information about specific testing date requirements and options will be provided at a later date.
HS CoAlt ELA/Math (DLM) for grades 9-111
Aligned to PSAT/SAT schedule to the extent possible
1 To the extent possible, students taking the alternate assessment in a content area for which they are participating in a general education class should be assessed at the same time as their general education peers to avoid missed instruction. Schools may also ensure that students taking the alternate assessment do not miss instruction from their general education class(es) through other means.
2 CMAS/CoAlt Administration Window
- CDE encourages early returns of paper test books to expedite scoring and results processes and timelines.
- All CMAS elementary and middle school science administrations must be completed within the official window.
- To compensate for technology capacity, districts can open the CMAS Math and ELA window as early as April 1, 2024 and extend through May 3, 2024 for online administrations.
Students taking CoAlt ELA and Math (DLM) and those requiring paper accommodations (including CSLA) should test at the same time as their peers.
- To accommodate high school assessment schedules including SAT, AP and IB exams, districts can open and close the grade 11 science window early for a total of 3 testing weeks: April 1, 2024 - April 19, 2024.
- Testing schedules have been developed in consideration of primary religious observances. Offering a back-end extension in 2024 allows greater avoidance of observance days when groups of students may be unable to test and provides additional scheduling flexibility when overlap cannot be avoided.
Districts must inform CDE by December 15, 2023 if an extended math and ELA and/or early grade 11 science window will be used (notification provided to CDE through the District Testing Information and Format Selections Form distributed to official DACs upon completion of the Spring 2024 CMAS Administration Training for DACs).