The purpose of the READ data collection is to collect data needed to fulfill statutory requirements for the annual legislative report and to determine per-pupil funding for districts by taking the count of students at the end of year who have a significant reading deficiency. Districts submit records of spring assessment data for all K-3rd grade students enrolled at the time of data submission and 4-12th grade students who are included in the READ Cohort.
- Tuesday, March 28th at 2:00 PM- First Year Respondent Training
- Thursday, March 30th at 2:00- 2016-17 Changes to the READ Collection
File Layout and Definitions
- Budget Planning and Reporting for 2017 Data Collection Webinar (Updated 2/6/17)
- Budget Planning and Reporting for 2017 Data Collection (PPT) (Updated 2/6/17)
- READ File Layout Template
- READ Budget Planning Survey Template
- Spring 2016 FAQ's
- Cut Scores Documents for Interim Assessments
Please contact Whitney Westgaard or call at 303-866-6421 for questions about the READ Collection or to be added to the list serve.
- 2013/14 READ Collection (in pipeline) Archived Resource Page
- 2012-13 READ Collection (in Automated Data Exchange) Archived Resource Page
- Data Elements for READ 2014-2015
- Data Elements for READ 2015-2016
- Frequently Asked Questions - 2014-15 READ Collection