You are here
READ Budget Submissions
2022-23 Budget Submissions
Prior to receiving a distribution of READ funds, all Local Education Providers (LEPs) are required to submit a budget of their planned use of READ per-pupil intervention funds for the upcoming school year. All budgets must be submitted by June 30, 2022.
To get permission to login into the READ budget submission you will need to contact your Local Access Manager (LAM) and have them assign you to the "READACTBUDGET" group.
2021-2022 Budget Revisions
All Local Education Providers (LEPs) are required to revise 2021-22 READ budgets to match actual allocation amounts. 2021-22 Revisions must be finalized before submitting 2022-23 budgets.
2021-2022 Budget Revision & 2022-2023 Budget Submission Timeline
2021-2022 READ budget revision window open
April 11, 2022 - June 30, 2022
2022-2023 READ budget submission window open
April 8, 2022 - June 30, 2022
Updates to Statutory Requirements
In addition to reporting a budget and budget narrative annually:
- The allowable uses of per-pupil intervention money expands to include purchasing CDE approved core reading instructional programs and purchasing technology, including software, to assist in assessing and monitoring student progress.
- CDE is required to monitor and, if necessary, audit district use of the per-pupil intervention funds throughout the budget year.
- The amount of per-pupil intervention money a district may retain from year to year cannot exceed 15 percent.
- Some of the READ intervention funds are redirected to the external program evaluation, state provided teacher training, public information campaign, and early literacy grant program, thereby reducing the per-pupil distribution to districts.
Allowable Uses of Per-Pupil Intervention Funds
- Operate a summer school literacy program
- Purchase core reading instructional programs that are included on the READ Act advisory list of instructional programming
- Purchase and/or provide approve targeted, evidence-based or scientifically based intervention services to students which may include services provided by a reading interventionist
- Purchase tutoring services focused in increasing students’ foundational reading skills
- Provide technology, including software that is on the advisory list of instructional programming; may include professional development for use of technology
- Purchase from a BOCES the services of a reading specialist or reading interventionist
- Provide professional development programming to support K-3 educators in teaching reading
2021-22 READ Budget Submission Webinar - March 29, 2021 1:30PM
- 2021-22 READ Budget Submission - Recorded Webinar Link
- 2021-22 READ Budget Submission - Webinar PowerPoint (PDF)
Literacy Business Analyst