Welcome to Professional Services and Educator Licensing
Pardon our dust! Our website is undergoing a few updates. Please continue to check back regularly for new and exciting customer-focused portal enhancements.
- Learn about the Rule Alignment and Content Assessment Update Project! Go here http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/rulesreviewcontentassessment to learn more.
- The 2014-2015 PLACE Assessment testing dates have been released. Select the Content Test button on the left to learn more.
- Fingerprint processing time increase. The FBI is currently experiencing a backlog to fingerprint cards submitted after 09.06.14. If you submitted fingerprints after that date, please do not call CDE or the CBI and check your fingerprint status via your eLicensing account. At this time we have no further information and have no estimated time before the backlog issue is resolved.
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Select a link below to apply for a license, a renewal of a license or an authorization.
This is for applicants who have completed an approved educator preparation program and are applying for the first time for a Colorado teaching, special services, principal, administrator or director of special education license.
This is for applicants who are renewing a current or expired Colorado educator license.
This is for applicants who serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any Colorado school district.
This is for applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and want to prepare to be a teacher or principal but have not completed an approved preparation program.
This is for applicants who hold a Colorado Initial license and have completed the requirements for a professional license.
This is for applicants seeking a second or subsequent endorsement to their current Colorado educator license.
This is for applicants who meet the educational and occupational qualifications to teach in an approved Career and Technical Education program.
This is for applicants who have not yet met the requirements for a Colorado Initial Educator License but provide specialized academic content or are enrolled in an approved educator preparation program.
- Softcopy Certificates
- Reciprocity and Interim Authorizations
- Content Test information
- Induction and professional development
- Apply for a Teacher Exchange
- More resources...
Application Processing Status
We're currently processing applications received on or before the following dates:
|Renewal of Initial:||12/16/14|
|Renewal of Professional:||12/15/14|
|Initial to Professional:||12/16/14|