Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State, Out of State and Out of Country
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
eLicensing Interruption from Oct. 21-24
The Colorado Department of Education’s eLicensing system will be down from Wednesday, Oct. 21 through Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015.
The eLicensing system allows educators and administrators to apply, renew or check the status of their educator licenses. The four-day interruption of service is due to the migration to a new system. During this time, educators will not be able to log into the system or submit a license. Districts will not be able to check on the status of a license and CDE educator licensing customer service, licensing and investigation staff will have no access to the system.
For general licensing questions during this time, phone 303-866-6628.
In addition, staff will respond to questions via the educator licensing email address at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us. CDE apologizes for any inconvenience and sincerely appreciates your understanding and patience during this time. More information about the new systems and it’s many benefits will be shared soon!
Look here for the latest information/news about educator preparation and licensure.
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment The Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- Draft rules are available for public comment as a part of the state board of education's rulemaking process. Submit feedback by Oct. 12, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A public rulemaking hearing is scheduled for the November state board meeting on Nov. 12, at 11 a.m. in the State Board Room at 201 E. Colfax Ave., in Denver. CDE encourages stakeholders to share feedback (limited to three minutes or less) on the rules at the meeting.