Welcome to Professional Services and Educator Licensing
- Phone Outage: On Thursday January 15th from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. you will be unable to phone the Educator Licensing Call Center due to a maintenance issue.
- PLACE Assessment Update: The exam offered on Saturday, January 3, 2015at Arvada West High School was cancelled. It has been rescheduled for January 10, 2015. Same location. Same time. You may use the same admission ticket to get into the exam. If you need refund options or more information please contact Pearson at 413-256-2885, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central time.
- Pursuant to HB 14-1175, the Colorado Department of Education engaged in a study of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers in elementary and secondary schools in Colorado. Learn more about the report here. View the Executive Summary here.
- Learn about the Rule Alignment and Content Assessment Update Project! Go here http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/rulesreviewcontentassessment to learn more.
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Select a link below to apply for a license, a renewal of a license or an authorization.
This is for applicants who have completed an approved educator preparation program and are applying for the first time for a Colorado teaching, special services, principal, administrator or director of special education license.
This is for applicants who are renewing a current or expired Colorado educator license.
This is for applicants who serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any Colorado school district.
This is for applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and want to prepare to be a teacher or principal but have not completed an approved preparation program.
This is for applicants who hold a Colorado Initial license and have completed the requirements for a professional license.
This is for applicants seeking a second or subsequent endorsement to their current Colorado educator license.
This is for applicants who meet the educational and occupational qualifications to teach in an approved Career and Technical Education program.
This is for applicants who have not yet met the requirements for a Colorado Initial Educator License but provide specialized academic content or are enrolled in an approved educator preparation program.
- Softcopy Certificates
- Reciprocity and Interim Authorizations
- Content Test information
- Induction and professional development
- Apply for a Teacher Exchange
- More resources...
Application Processing Status
We're currently processing applications received on or before the following dates:
|Renewal of Initial:||01.05.15|
|Renewal of Professional:||01.05.15|
|Initial to Professional:||01.05.15|