Welcome to Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement
The Office of Educator Preparation, Licensing and Enforcement is a resource for questions and information about educator preparation, alternative educator preparation, educator licensing and educator backgrounds, fingerprints and enforcement. We look forward to serving you and we thank you for being an educator in Colorado!
Apply for Licenses and Authorizations
Learn How to Apply - In State and Out of State
Already Submitted an Application?
eLicensing Online System
Information for Programs
- Designated Agencies for Alternative Educator Preparation
- Institutions of Higher Education Educator Preparation
Other Frequently Visited Pages
Look here for the latest information about educator preparation programs and licensure.
- Office Phone Closure All Day July 24 and July 31, 2015. In order to ensure we are meeting the needs of all applicants, the Customer Service Center phone assistance will not be available on Friday, July 24 and Friday, July 31. Normal operations will resume the week of August 3, 2015. Please feel free to send us an email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us and we will get back to you the following Monday. We thank you for your understanding.
- Educator Preparation and Licensing Rule & Content Assessment Alignment For the past year, the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensing has engaged in a process to solicit feedback and recommendations relating to the alignment of Colorado educator preparation and licensing rules and educator licensing content knowledge tests with current initiatives, state statue and best practices.
- Stakeholder feedback and comment is now needed! Please review the draft Educator Preparation Licensing Rules and provide your feedback today. You can review the draft beginning July 16, 2015 through August 10, 2015. Get started now!
- Information Sessions will be held in person on July 23, 2015 from 10:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m. or on August 4, 2015 from 3:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. at 201 E. Colfax, Denver, CO in the Board of Education Room.
- Stay Connected and Get involved!
- Need Help? We want to help you! Please contact customer service by email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628 for educator preparation, licensing or enforcement help.
- Extended phone wait times during summer. The customer service team is happy to help you; please know that this is our heaviest season and our phone wait times can be 10 up to 20 minutes long. We apologize for the long wait times and encourage you to access all of the information on our website or you may send us an email at CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us. We sincerely appreciate your patience and we look forward to serving you as quickly as we can.
- Hard Copy Licenses will no longer be available from CDE beginning July 1, 2015. Due to low demand and increased printing costs, this option has been eliminated. Please review the Credential Delivery page to learn more about eCredentials.
- Minority Recruitment and Retention Report: Read a study and executive summary of minority teacher recruitment and identified strategies to increase and improve the recruitment, preparation, development and retention of high-quality minority teachers.