- Colorado Public Library Board and Trustees Pocket Handbook: Basic information for library boards and trustees (PDF)
- Getting on Board: Tools for Board Development and Assessment (Video Training from WebJunction)
- Best Practices for Library Board of Trustees (PDF)
- Colorado Library Law: (CRS 24-90-101 et seq). Full text, Quick Guides, and other information on the Colorado Library Law.
- Library District information, including district legal documents and other resources
- Sunshine Laws (PDF)
- FAQs (DOCX)
- Sample Policies
Disclaimer: This is not intended as legal advice. Please consult your city, county, or district attorney for your specific circumstance.
- Colorado Public Library Standards: The Public Library Standards conform to language in CRS 24-90-103(2)(a.3) calling for improvement in standards for public libraries.
- Community Planning (LRS Planning Resources)
- EDGE Benchmarks
- State Library Meeting Facilitation/Strategic Planning
For consultation on Strategic Planning, please email Jacqueline Murphy
- Partnership Resources:
- Developing Partnerships for Action and Advocacy
- Steps in Building a Successful Partnership
- Potential Partnership Opportunities
- Example Statewide Partnerships:
- Project Encompass
- Libraries Create Healthy Communities - information on health initiative collaboration, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- BTOP/Public Computer Centers
- Colorado and Nationwide Library Programs
- Statewide Summer Reading Program
- Promotional Campaigns: A variety of resources to help libraries celebrate noteworthy efforts, such as National Library Week and Summer Reading Program.
- Directories and Map:
- Directory of Colorado Libraries: Displays a list of libraries to your specifications.
- Library Email Lists
- Mailing labels
- Statewide Map of All Library Jurisdictions (PDF)
- Certified Public Library Administrator Program
- Directory of ALA Accredited Master’s Programs
- National Certification: This Library Support Staff Certification Program (LSSCP) addresses LSS needs for a national certification program to help the profession standardize expectations for LSS, help the large number of LSS master critical job competencies; provide educators with guidance for training curriculums; and help employers articulate job requirements.
- Professional Organizations:
- American Library Association
- Colorado Association of Libraries
- Colorado Libraries Collaborate! (CLC) provides free access to library resources for library users of all CLC member libraries.
- Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC)
- Diversity/Special Populations (CAL Division)
- Public Library Association
- Library Research Service: (LRS) responsible for collecting and organizing library data
| Jacqueline Murphy|
Public Library and Community Development Senior Consultant
Colorado State Library
201 East Colfax Ave, Room 309
Denver, CO 80203-1799