The Colorado Growth Model
For the past decade, Colorado has been a national leader in how to measure a student's academic growth from year to year. About ten years ago, the state created the Colorado Growth Model to look specifically at how individual students progress from year to year based on the state standards. It provide another dimension of performance beyond just achievement on tests by describing the relative growth of individual students from year to year. The model provides information for many different student populations and identifies areas of strength and areas that may need more support. It also supplies necessary growth data for the annual school and district accountability ratings.
Growth Related Resources
A fact sheet that explains the development process for the new CMAS Growth to Standard measure along with its statutory basis and how it will be incorporated into future performance framework reports.
- This webinar and the corresponding slide deck (PDF) provides a high level overview of the Colorado Growth Model.
- Annotated Growth Summary Report 2018 (PDF)
- Explains the included data and changes between years for the district/school summary growth reports.
- Colorado Growth Model Fact Sheet (Parent-Friendly) (PDF)
- A parent-friendly explanation of the Colorado Growth Model.
- ACCESS Growth to Standard Fact Sheet (PDF)
- A fact sheet that explains the WIDA-ACCESS growth to standard metric.
- 2018 Growth Flat File Layout (XLS)
- Explains the content of the growth detail files that are annually provided to district accountability contacts.
- Individual Student Growth Report Cover Pages & Interpretation Guide:
For questions, contact us.