You are here
Implementation of Results Matter
Results Matter Handbook
The Results Matter Handbook has detailed information to support the full implementation of Results Matter for children birth through age five. Colorado requires preschool programs receiving state or federal education funds to use Results Matter assessment to support the learning of children served by the program and to communicate progress to families.
During this window, providers observe, document and depending on the assessment system, complete preliminary rates based on what is observed.
Assessment Rating Window
During this window, providers make final determinations about how to rate the child on each of the assessment indicators. Observation and documentation continue.
Online Data Finalized
Assessment data on every indicator should be finalized by providers in the assessment system for the child NO LATER THAN the following dates for each checkpoint.
Download a PDF version of the schedule:
Results Matter Assessment Choices
Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS®), Second Edition
- AEPSinteractive™ homepage
- AEPS™ for Colorado
- Alignment of Colorado's Early Learning and Development Guidelines with Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System (AEPS™)
COR Advantage® by HighScope
GOLD® by Teaching Strategies
- GOLD® homepage
- MyTeachingStrategies® Support Portal
- GOLD® Support for Colorado Educators
- Alignment of GOLD® Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth Through Third Grade with 2020 Colorado Academic Standards Preschool (PDF)
- Alignment of GOLD® Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth Through Third Grade with Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines Alignment (PDF)
Results Matter Assessment Selection Process
2018 Early Childhood Assessment Survey and Focus Group Report
Feedback on Colorado’s early childhood assessment system was gathered through a survey and focus groups conducted in Winter 2018.
Technology, when used appropriately, can be a powerful tool in early childhood education. What’s particularly beneficial for educators and families that participate in Results Matter is that they have access to online systems that provide real-time reporting and digital portfolios.
Children's assessment results are recorded using secure online systems that allow immediate access to a variety of progress reports including reports about Colorado standards. Access-controlled reports are available in real time at the child, classroom, site, program, and state level. Documentation can be uploaded to create a rich digital portfolio of children’s learning and development. While not required, educators have the added option of capturing this evidence of growth through pictures and videos which can be particularly transformative material for engaging families in the assessment process.
- Treating the First Assessment Period as a Baseline (PDF) - 8/5/20
- Considerations for choosing a HighScope COR Assessment Tool for Results Matter or Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (PDF)
- Colorado Preschool Program, Results Matter, and Kindergarten School Readiness Assessment: a side-by-side comparison (PDF) - 8/30/18
- Completing the School District Field in Results Matter Child Records (PDF)
- Using Child Assessment Data to Achieve Positive Outcomes (Video)
GOLD® Guidance from Results Matter
- GOLD® User Account Guidance (PDF)
- Not Yet vs Not Observed: When to Use in GOLD® (PDF)
- GOLD® Assessment Status Completion Guidance (PDF) Updated 12/7/17
- Where and When to Store Video Clips on GOLD® Online (PDF)