You are here
ELAT Application 2018
ELAT Application Information for the 2018-2019 School Year:
The 2012 School Finance Act required the Colorado Department of Education to select a contractor to supply an early literacy assessment tool that teachers may use to obtain real-time assessments of the reading skill levels of students in kindergarten through third grade. The Early Literacy Assessment Tool is designed to assist teachers in meeting the assessment requirements of the READ Act. The tool will allow teachers to obtain real time assessment of the reading skill levels of students enrolled in kindergarten, first, second, and/or third grades, and, based on the assessment results, generate intervention plans and materials. Pending legislative approval during the 2018 session, the department will offer the project for the 2018-2019 school year.
ELAT Project awarded to two Vendors :
- Amplify Education for DIBELS Next and IDEL and DIBELS Deep PA/WRD Diagnostic Assessment
- Istation for ISIP Early Reading and ISIP Lectura Temprana
The award to two vendors means that districts through the application process will be able to select the assessment platform they want for the 2018-2019 school year.All local education agencies (LEAs) are eligible to apply. For purposes of this application, "local education agency" means a school district; a charter school authorized through a district or the Charter School Institute; a public school within a district applying as a standalone applicant, or a public school operated by a board of cooperative services (BOCES). The applicant must enroll students in kindergarten, first, second, and/or third grades.
CDE is accepting applications from both new and renewal applicants. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available licenses, prioritization will occur pursuant to C.R.S. 22-2-14.
- First preference will be given to LEAs renewing their participation from the 2017-2018 school year; then new LEA applicants will be accepted.
- Should there need to be a selection process for new LEAs, it will be based on highest percentages of kindergarten and first-, second-, and third-grade students who are below grade level expectations in reading; and LEAs with the highest percentages of schools that are eligible to receive money under Title I of the federal “Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965”, 20 U.S.C. sec 6301 et seq.
2018/2019 Application Timeline and Resources
- Application Webinar was held April 11, 2018 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm Please go here to view the recorded webinar. The first portion of the webinar (20 minutes) covers the application process. This is followed by each vendor presenting and demonstrating their platform.
- School Information Template when submitting more than 5 schools for the project : Please email your completed template to Marisa Calzadillas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School and District Codes can be found in the second column on CDE Data Pipeline Frequently Resquested Codes page
- Application closes on May 11, 2018 at 11:59 pm
- Applicants will be notified by May 18, 2018 as to their status in the project
For Program questions please contact Donna Bright at email@example.com for questions or by phone 303-866-6002
For application submission questions please contact Marisa Calzadillas at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 303-866-6189