You are here
BEST Financial Assistance Timeline FY2021-22
- BEST Regional Program Managers provide technical support by meeting with applicants to assist in identifying and prioritizing needs, defining potential grant project scope, recommending delivery methods, assisting with procurement, and reviewing diligence materials.
- Facility Insight assessments continuously performed, with priority given to current applicants
- Applicants evaluate needs, and complete master planning and other due diligence to establish project goals.
July - December 2020
- Potential applicants work with consultants and BEST staff to define project scope and budget
- BEST sends out notifications for upcoming grant cycle
- No later than November 30: All Districts and Charter Schools must notify BEST of intent to apply
- Awarded FY20-21 projects begin work
- Final FY20-21 project list is established based upon election results
- Certificates of Participation issued for FY20-21 Lease Purchase funded projects.
NOTE: Application period is shorter than in previous years. Please make note of the deadline below.
- January 6 - February 5: Application open, submissions due by 4 pm on February 5th
- Match percentages available
- BEST staff provides webinars and further assistance with applications
- Applicants may register for Grant Manager accounts to submit applications.
February - June 2021
- February 8 - April 14: Staff review of FY21-22 applications. Summary Book published
- April 15 - May 18: CCAB review period
- May 19-21: Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) meets to prioritize recommended projects for FY21-22
- No later than June 20: State Board of Education (SBE) meets to approve prioritized list
- No later than July 15: Capital Development Committee meets to approve SBE Lease Purchase project recommendations.
‹‹‹ 2020 ›››
‹‹‹ 2021 ›››