You are here
Archived CDE Charter School Topic-Based Webinars
Archived CDE Charter School Topic-Based Webinars
Recorded March 16, 2016, Toby King and Wendy Jacobs provide information on special education in charter schools.
- Webinar Recording
- Additional information: It is the authorizer's responsibility to provide every student with the least restrictive environment. Charter schools should focus on providing professional development to staff.
Annual Finance Seminar
Recorded on June 15, 2016, Marti Rodriquez provides information on preparing your annual financial report, as well as changes to rules and regulations.
- Annual Finance Seminar Webinar Recording
- Annual Finance Seminar PowerPoint and Presenter Notes (PPTX)
- Sample Budget (XSLX)
- Additional information: Working on your annual financial report throughout the year may be beneficial. Allow yourself sufficient time to preparing your annual report.
Recorded on December 7, 2016, Susan Miller and Brian Vasina, provide information on CDE, state, and federal regulations associated with student transportation in Colorado.
- School Transportation Webinar Recording
- Additional information: Authorizers may have additional standards or policies beyond federal and state rules.
Gifted Education: Requirements for Charter Schools
Recorded on March 14, 2017, Nikki Myers provides information on gifted education programming in charter schools.
- Requirements for Charter Schools Webinar Recording
- Requirements for Charter Schools PowerPoint and Presenter Notes (PPTX)
- Gifted Education: Requirements for Charter Schools in Colorado Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Additional information: It is important to use a body of evidence rather than cut-off scores only to identify students.
Kindergarten School Readiness: Assessments, Plans, and State Reporting
Recorded on November 14, 2017, Bill Kottenstette provides information on Kindergarten School Readiness, including assessments, plans, data reporting, and charter waiver requests.
Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers
Recorded on December 5, 2017, Bill Kottenstette, Clare Vickland, and Ruben Pacheco provide information on fostering positive working relationships between a charter authorizer's board and staff and a charter school's board and staff.
- Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers Webinar Recording
- Fostering a Working Relationship with Charter Authorizers PowerPoint (PPTX)
Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools
Recorded on January 16, 2018, Bill Kottenstette and Toby King provide information on ensuring equity for students with disabilities seeking to enroll and enrolling in charter schools.
- Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools Webinar Recording
- Ensuring Enrollment Equity for Students with Disabilities in Charter Schools PowerPoint (PPTX)
Assessments, Accountability, and Unified Improvement Planning: What You Need to Know and Updates
Recorded on February 27, 2018, Bill Kottenstette, Dan Jorgensen, and Jennifer Morgan provide information on Colorado's state assessments, state accountability system, and the unified planning process, including a high-level overview and updates related to each topic and an explanation as to how these three topics relate.
- Assessments, Accountability, and Unified Improvement Planning Webinar Recording
- Assessments, Accountability, and Unified Improvement Planning PowerPoint (PPPTX)
The Role a Charter School Plays in it's Charter Authorizer's Submission of the Consolidated Federal Programs Application
Recorded on March 13, 2018, Joey Willett provides information on the Consolidated Federal Programs Application, including what it is, who fills it out, what is being applied for, how charter schools are affected by it, what charter schools need to do to experience the benefits of the application, and upcoming timelines of which charter schools should be aware.
- The Role a Charter School Plays in it's Charter Authorizer's Submission of the Consolidated Federal Programs Application Webinar Recording
- The Role a Charter School Plays in it's Charter Authorizer's Submission of the Consolidated Federal Programs Application PowerPoint (PPTX)
The Colorado READ Act
Recorded on November 13, 2018, Sarah Vance provides information on the Colorado READ Act to celebrate November as being Family Literacy Month. The webinar includes information around terms, timelines, assessments, plans, parent notification and communication, and funding.
Bullying Prevention and Education
Recorded on January 15, 2019, Adam Collins provides information on what bullying is and who gets bullied, the impact of bullying, the Bullying Prevention and Education Grant as well as Ashawnty's Law.
- Bullying Prevention and Education Webinar Recording
- Bullying Prevention and Education PowerPoint (pdf)
CDE Educator Talent Updates
Recorded February 26, 2019, Tanya Klein and Darrin Bacca provide information on Licensing 101: Educator Licensure & Enforcement.
Recorded March 12, 2019, Alejandra Venzor provides information on Mental Health.
Understanding Special Education Teacher Retention
Recorded November 12, 2019 (rerecorded due to technical issues Dec. 13, 2019), Meagan Gillcrist discusses how to proactively plan for the retention of special educators in order to build better outcomes for diverse learners.
Foundations of Effective Governance: Session 1
Recorded on December 3, 2019, Dr. Jorgensen provides a high-level overview of the ten principles of Policy Governance, focusing on the first five principles for the first of two training webinars in this series. The second webinar, Foundations of Effective Governance: Session 2 will be held on January 14, 2020, where the remaining five principles will be explained.