Each year, the State Education Fund and a percentage of the marijuana excise tax provides an appropriation for Charter School and Institute Charter School Capital Construction. This funding can be used by the Charter School or Institute Charter School to pay for school construction, renovation, financing, or the purchasing or leasing of facilities. The purpose of this funding is to promote a safe and healthy learning environment for all Colorado students.
All Charter Schools and Institute Charter Schools in the state must submit a questionnaire to the Division. The Division historically requests the certification of "Charter School Capital Construction Funding Eligibility Questionnaire" after the October 1 pupil counts. The funds are distributed on a per pupil basis and the pupil count is taken directly from the October 1 pupil count data submitted by the district to the Division.
Payments are made on a monthly basis, with the first six payments being based on prior year FTE projections. Upon completion of the questionnaire (CSCC-02) "Charter School Capital Construction Funding Eligibility Questionnaire" and verification of the October pupil counts, an adjustment will be made to the monthly payment schedule to reflect actual FTE numbers. This year, $22 million was appropriated, which equates to $255 per eligible FTE.
For additional information, e-mail: Anna Fitzer
Opportunities and Announcements
- Important notice for Charter Schools wishing to apply for a BEST Grant
- CSCC-01 Expenditures Report (due 07/31/2016)
- CSCC-02 Eligibility Questionnaire FY2015-16 (due 12/04/2015)
BEST Case Studies
- CSCC FY2015-16 Fund Distribution (updated 2/01/16)
- CSCC FY2014-15 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2013-14 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2012-13 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2011-12 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2010-11 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2009-10 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2008-09 Fund Distribution
- CSCC FY2007-08 Fund Distribution