You are here
BEST Financial Assistance Timeline FY2020-21
- BEST Regional Program Managers provide technical support by meeting with applicants to assist in identifying and prioritizing needs, defining potential grant project scope, recommending delivery methods, assisting with procurement, and reviewing diligence materials.
- Facility Insight assessments continuously performed, with priority given to current applicants
- Applicants evaluate needs, and complete master planning and other due diligence to establish project goals.
July - December 2019
- Potential applicants work with consultants and BEST staff to define project scope and budget
- BEST sends out notifications for upcoming grant cycle
- No later than November 30: Charter Schools must notify BEST of intent to apply
- Awarded FY19-20 projects begin work
- Certificates of Participation issued for FY19-20 Lease Purchase funded projects.
January - February 2020
- January 2 - February 24: Application open, submissions due at 4 pm on February 24th
- Match percentages available
- BEST staff provides webinars and further assistance with applications
- Applicants may register for Grant Manager accounts to submit applications.
March - June 2020
- February 29 - April 23: Staff review of FY19-20 applications. Summary Book published
- April 23 - May 19: CCAB review period
- May 13-15: Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) meets to prioritize recommended projects for FY20-21
- No later than June 20: State Board of Education (SBE) meets to approve prioritized list
- No later than July 15: Capital Development Committee meets to approve SBE Lease Purchase project recommendations.
‹‹‹ 2019 ›››
‹‹‹ 2020 ›››