The Colorado Charter Schools Program (CCSP) provides a grant and technical assistance for up to 3-years to new and expanding charter schools. The Colorado Department of Education was awarded $24 million to administer annual sub-grant competitions from 2015 through 2018. Colorado will run its final competition under this grant award over the 2018-19 school year.
CCSP grants may be awarded for reasonable, one-off expenses associated with planning, design, and implementation of a new school or significant expansion project in the form of a 3-year grant for charter schools applying in the year before the launch of a new school or significant-expansion project, or in the form of a 2-year grant for those applying the year of a project launch. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- equipment and furnishings
- professional development
- board training
- curriculum & supplies
- library development
- software, etc.
The Colorado Department of Education's Schools of Choice office administers the Colorado Charter Schools Program through a federal Charter School Program [Title V, Part B of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (P.L. 107-110)] grant for the state. The USDOE awarded CDE this grant in 2015.
The following links provide information about the Colorado Charter Schools Program:
- CCSP Grant Application and Required Documents
- CCSP Grant Renewal Process
- Final Grant Report Template
- CCSP Guidebook (pdf)
- CCSP Weighted Lottery Policy Factsheet (PDF, updated 8/27/2015)
- CCSP Grant and Technical Assistance Calendar
- Technical Assistance Requirements and Resources
- CCSP Funding Awards
- CSP Nonregulatory Guidance
- 2 CFR 200 (formerly EDGAR)