Optional in-person full day WIDA Screener trainings have been scheduled for May. Registration for May WIDA Screener trainings will be made available at the week of April 24th. Participation is limited to 40 participants (2 attendees per district), this training is targeted to staff in charge of screening and identifying new to district students for EL services. Completion of WIDA screener online modules and quizzes will be required for participation in the May trainings and can accessed at https://www.wida.us/assessment/Screener/screener-online.aspx#prep. (Upon registration CDE will check your quiz completion status through WIDA’s website. Registration will not be confirmed until your WIDA Screener quizzes are complete; at least one speaking quiz and one writing quiz need to be passed with an 80% or higher.)
May training dates and locations:
- Monday, May 8, 2017 – Cherry Creek School District, Instructional Support Facility
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 – Pueblo City Schools Administration Building
- Friday, May 12, 2017 - East Central BOCES, Limon
- Monday, May 15, 2017 - Basil T. Knight Center, Grand Junction
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - Centennial BOCES Admin. Bldg, Greeley
- Thursday, May 18, 2017 – Boulder Valley School District, Ed Center
For questions about the screening and identification of possible EL students, please contact the CLDE Office at http://www.cde.state.co.us/cde_english/contactus
For questions about assessment administration and design, please contact Heather Villalobos Pavia in the Assessment Unit at email@example.com.
ACCESS for ELLs Colorado
Connect with WIDA's website for upcoming ACCESS 2.0 Webinars and transition information.
- Spring 2015 Score Report Interpretation Training
- Provided during WIDA workshops hosted by CDE's Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Recorded webinar for ACCESS Score Report Interpretation (recorded June 2015)
- Tier Selection Support PDF
- Recording of Tier Selection Webinar
- Colorado Special Instructions (Goldenrod Sheet) November 2016
- Webinar about Colorado Special Instructions PPT Slides November 2016
WIDA Online Training Materials
District Assessment Coordinators have access to W-APT training materials that are available on the secure section of the WIDA website. The website includes W-APT recorded webinar trainings, a Training Toolkit with WIDA-prepared PowerPoints available for download, Test Administration Manuals for Kindergarten and grades 1-12, and a booklet with scored student writing samples. WIDA's website provides districts with all of the materials needed to become fully trained on administration of the W-APT.
ACCESS for ELLs:
WIDA provides online ACCESS for ELLs training courses designed to support district training for test administrators. Training courses consist of checklists and modules for Online for ACCESS for ELLs 2.0, Paper ACCESS for ELLs 2.0, Kindergarten ACCESS, and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs administration. If test administrators do not have a login to access these modules, they can contact their DAC for information on creating their own account.
WIDA ACCESS for ELLs Webinar Series
Beginning in late September, WIDA and DRC will offer a series of free supplemental webinars covering a range of topics relevant to District Test Coordinators, Technology Coordinators, and Test Administrators. These webinars will provide information on specific pre-test and during-test activities and will include ample time for questions and discussions. Each webinar will be task- or topic- specific and relevant to a particular role. The webinars are designed to provide supplemental information in addition to (not a replacement for) Colorado’s ACCESS for ELLs training sessions coming up in October. Attendees can access the webinars via the Join Now hotlinks embedded in the updated webinar calendar (see below) or via http://go.wisc.edu/2hpzqk. WIDA does not recommend attempting to register for any webinar ahead of time. Instead, it is recommended that participants join the webinar 10-15 minutes prior to the start time to secure a seat in the WebEx meeting.