Autism and Girls (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff, Parents, Students, Community Partners, General Public | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Description: Girls with Autism Spectrum Disorder are under identified. In this webinar, we will explore how to identify characteristics of females with ASD through the use of home videos. We will also highlight important factors to consider when planning interventions for females with ASD.
- Identify the differences between females and males with ASD.
- Recognize why females are difficult to identify.
- Explain the importance of early identification.
- Explore interventions specific to females with ASD.
- Why are females under identified?
- What are some differences within the presentation of ASD in males and females?
- What makes a female with ASD more prone to anxiety and depression?
- Name an area of focus to help females with ASD?
After watching the webinar please answer the questions and complete a SurveyMonkey evaluation.
After completion of the evaluation another screen will open containing your certificate. It is your responsibility to download and print/save the certificate for your records.
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
See Description with section regarding Certificate