Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01 (2-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Teri McGill, M.S. Ed.D. and Melissa Scheidt, M.S. Ed.D.
Originally aired October 3, 2014
- Understand the characteristics of students with autism.
- Understand that autism is a spectrum disorder.
- Understand the behaviors that lie beneath the surface (icebergs) for many individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Identify strategies to use reinforcement effectively for a student with autism.
- Gain insight into some perspectives of individuals with autism.
After watching the webinar in the section called View the Webinar (upper left-side), please email Janet Zimmerman your contact information and your response to the 2 study questions receive your certificate and your contact information. Janet Zimmermann's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your District
- Your Role (teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Discuss the benefits presented in the webinar of using reinforcement systems (token boards, visual schedule of reinforcement, etc.) with students with autism.
- Discuss what you learned from the section on icebergs in autism – understanding what lied beneath certain behaviors..
View the Webinar:
Other Parts of this Training
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 01
- Getting Ready for Your New Student with ASD, Part 02
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
Upon receipt of completed study questions you will receive a certificate for .75 hours