Including Students with ASD in Specialist Classrooms (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Requirement for School / District Staff: N/A
Presenters: Katie Wells
Originally aired January 14, 2015
The learner will be able to describe:
- Be able to identify key deficit areas for students with autism
- Understand how autism can effect student learning and behavior in specialist classes
- Identify strategies to support students with autism in various specialist classes
- Understand the importance of reinforcement and motivation in students with ASD
- Discuss 3 different ways that autism can affect learning and behavior in special classes.
- List 3 supports that can be put in place to effectively support students with ASD in classes such as PE, art, music, and/or computer.
- Why is reinforcement important for students with autism?
View the Webinar:
Contact InformationCDE Autism Team
After viewing the webinar please complete a brief webinar evaluation (opens in a new window) to receive a certificate for 1.0 CDE training hour.