Middle and High School Transition, Part 03: Central Importance of Sexual Education (4-Part Series) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenters: Peter Gerhardt, Ed.D.
Original aired February 15, 2017
Participants will understand:
- Why we should teach human sexuality education to individuals with ASD
- Guidelines for teaching learners with ASD about human sexuality
- Strategies for teaching human sexuality education
- What are the six reasons that individuals with ASD should be taught sexuality education?
- In your own teaching, what strategies can you use to support an individual with ASD in understanding sexuality education?
View the Webinar:
- Middle and High School Transition Part 01: Targeting Skills for Adult Independence
- Middle and High School Transition Part 02: Transition Planning for Competent Adulthood
- Middle and High School Transition Part 03: Central Importance of Sexual Education
- Middle and High School Transition Part 04: Person-Centered Planning for the Future
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
To receive a certificate for this webinar please complete a brief webinar survey. Upon completion of the survey participants will receive a certificate for 1 training hour.