Developmental Framework for Evidence-Based Practices for the Autism Spectrum: The Importance of Social and Emotional Development (Part 1 of 2) (Tri-State Webinar)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Presenter: Emily Rubin, MS, CCC-SLP, Director
Educational Outreach Program Marcus Autism Center
As a result of this activity, participants will be able identify critical priorities for educational outcomes for students with autism who are:
- Before words and using gestures and facial expressions to communicate.
- Using emerging language skills either via speech, pictures or other symbolic forms of communication.
- Using conversational language to engage with a range of social partners.
- Describe the 3 stages of language acquisition discussed in the webinar?
- List 2 of the What Matters Most Lessons (A Journey Through EBP) discussed in the webinar?
View the Webinar:
Contact InformationJanet Zimmermann
To receive a certificate for this webinar please complete a brief webinar survey. Upon completion of the survey, participants will receive a certificate for 1 training hour.