Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
- Effective January 1, 2018 - Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 301-26
NASDPTS - releases updated Position Paper and Information Report.
Position Paper on "Non-conforming Vans Used for School Transportation"
Information Report of "Repair or Replacement of Components on School Buses"
Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall. See the School Bus Fleet and Technicians Tool Box Page for more Information.
The Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA) is seeking input from school districts regarding their interest in receiving regional training provided by the CSPTA Trainer Committee. If you think your district would be interested in participating, please complete the survey below https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfoHeY8yBT4Mh-WHa49zsmeLy8JolTTtywGGTe54MEPPNtVXA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Minimum Standards Governing School Transportation Vehicles 301-25
- Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 301-26 – Effective January 1, 2018
- Reimbursement Claim Form (CDE-40) and Audit Resource Guide
- 2017 Resource Guide for 1 CCR 301-26 Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles
- School Transportation Technicians Annual Inspection Guide
- 2018 License and Training Matrix Guide (updated February 2018)
CDE Operator Guides
- 2007 Colorado Student Transportation Disabilities Manual (CSPTA)
- 2016 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (CSPTA)
- 2017 Operators License and Training Matrix Guide
- 2017 School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide
- 2017 Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Operator Guide
- 2017 Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle ROUTE Operator Guide
CSPTA 2017 Transportation Summit Presentations
- Colorado Regulations 111- CSPTA 2017
- Confidentiality Presentation - Alamosa 2017
- Mandatory Reporting - Alamosa 2017
- NASDPTS - Belt Presentation
- NASDPTS National Update
- Supervisor Training
- Annual Inspector Certification Training
- Colorado Commercial Driver License Manual 2016
- First Aid and CPR Clarification from Public Health and Environment
- DOT Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance
- School Bus Facts.com
- School Finance calendar
- School Finance home page
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- 17 NASDPTS Illegal Passing Survey Results