CDE supports districts and schools through an educational system focused on ensuring all students will exit Colorado’s K-12 schools ready for postsecondary education and workforce success.
To support this goal, the Accountability and Data Analysis Unit at CDE:
- Calculates Growth on CMAS, PSAT and English language proficiency
- Creates the School and District Performance Frameworks
- Accredits school districts and assigns school plan type assignments
- Reports student outcome data to the public and educators
- Assists districts and CDE staff in using student performance data to drive decision making
State Board Conversations and Rulemaking
The state board has recently expressed interest in understanding the implications of changes to the school and district performance frameworks. This conversation is separate from but could also connect to rulemaking changes that are required as a result of recent legislation. To learn more, please visit our rulemaking webpage by clicking here.
- Frameworks will be posted on Schoolview.org following the conclusion of the request to reconsider process and formal approval by the State Board of Education.
- School Accreditation Form
Based on the preliminary District and School Performance Framework reports, all districts must submit the School Accreditation Form indicating the district and local school board’s accreditation ratings for their schools by Monday, Oct. 15.
- Request to Reconsider Deadline
If a district wants to request a different accreditation rating or any of their school plan type assignments, the district must submit a request to reconsider along with the accreditation form by Monday, Oct. 15. For more information, visit the State Accountability - School Accreditation and Request to Reconsider webpage.
- Overview for parents of Colorado's School and District Accountability
- Colorado's System for Identifying Schools for Support and Improvement (PDF)
- Participation and Accountability FAQs
- The District Accountability Handbook details accountability requirements for districts and schools.
- Accountability and Data Analysis Unit and Staff Overview
- Accountability Resources