You are here
Office of Facility Schools
All facility schools will provide access to opportunities for education and growth.
The Office of Facility Schools will provide systems of support for students and staff that cultivate education environments that value relationships, compassion, and academic outcomes.
- On average there are approximately 6,000 placements made per year in facility schools
- Approximately 80 school districts are represented within our population
- Student placements come from 8 different types of public agencies
- Facility program types include residential, day treatment and hospitals
- The Office of Facility Schools has adopted K-12 curriculum guides in reading, writing, mathematics, and science that align with the Colorado Academic Standards for all facility schools
- Students in facility schools are assessed in reading and math using the iReady Diagnostic Assessment system
- Grades and transcripts are maintained for all students grades 9-12, courses align to the state common course codes
- All students are required to participate in state assessments
Facility Schools Directory
Approved Facility Schools' Student Records (Transcripts) Requests
Equity & Excellence Conference
The virtual Equity and Excellence Learning Series is designed to catalyze conversations about resources and strategies to address the impacts of the pandemic on the learning and wellbeing of students and staff. The series is spread out over June 16-17, June 23-24, and August 4-6. Share this link with selected staff to register. Capacity for the Learning Series is limited and CDE encourages timely registration. Registration will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 9.