CDE will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Colorado READ Act Tools
These tools are meant to be used by district leaders, principals and teachers when communicating about the Colorado READ Act. All resources can be modified and personalized to meet individual needs. Resources will be continually added to this page so make sure to check back often.
READ Act Toolkit
The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate with parents about the Colorado Reading to Ensure Academic Development Act (Colorado READ Act). These materials can be shared in newsletters, during parent information events or parent-teacher conferences. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs.
READ Act Video - English:
READ Act Video - Español:
- READ Act Information for Parents - Fact Sheet (PDF)
Share this with parents to give them an overview of the Colorado READ Act, facts about early literacy and how they can support reading at home.
- Colorado READ Act - Overview Fact Sheet (PDF)
Use this fact sheet to share an overview of the Colorado READ Act and implementation requirements for teachers, schools and districts.
- Drop-in article
Use this entire letter or just portions of it to communicate with educators and parents about the importance of reading.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the 2017 Colorado READ Act data collection.
- 2018 Annual Report on the Colorado READ Act (PDF)
- Sample social media campaign
Districts/schools can use sample social media posts to publish on their social media accounts to help raise parent and school community awareness about the importance of early literacy and the Colorado READ Act.
- Key messages (PDF)
Use these key messages when talking to parents about the importance of ready by the end of third grade. This document will help Colorado educators communicate accurate and consistent information.
Resources for Educators
- READ Act state rules (PDF)
- Colorado READ Act law (PDF)
- Timeline for implementing READ Act (PDF)
- READ Act resources for parents
- Elementary Teacher Literacy Standards - Guide
- Colorado READ Act - main page
- READ NOW Colorado
This website focuses on a statewide effort to improve literacy rates by providing parents tips and resources for supporting their young readers.