The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 requires that states allocate resources for intensive and sustained support to schools designated as in need of improvement. This grant is made available to Title I Focus Schools and Title I Schools with a Turnaround or Priority Improvement plan type in order to provide resources and support a focused approach to improvement through a Diagnostic Review and/or Action Planning Support. Schools may apply for up to $50,000.
Request for Proposals: Diagnostic Review 2015-2016
- Diagnostic Review 15-16 RFP (pdf)
- Budget (xlsm)
- Cover Page and Assurances (word)
- Webinar Recording
- Webinar PowerPoint (pdf)
The Tiered Intervention Grant is designed to support districts with chronically low performing schools in the lowest 5 percent of achievement (Title I Priority Schools) as indicated by state assessments.
The intent of the grant is to provide funding for Title I Priority Schools to:
- partner with CDE in the implementation of one of the four intervention models provided in the draft guidance for the use of federal Title I 1003(g) funds;
- increase the academic achievement of all students attending chronically low performing schools as measured by the state’s assessment system; and
- utilize the support and services from state-approved turnaround providers in their efforts to accomplish the above.
Request for Proposals: Tiered Intervention 2015
- 2015-2020 TIG Budget Template (excel)
- 2015 Tiered Intervention Grant Application (pdf)
- 2015 Eligible Schools (pdf)
- Application Cover Pages and Assurances (word)
- 2015 Intent to Apply (word)
- Attachment E: Model Requirement Implementation Plan and Target Setting Templates (word)
- Attachment F: School Leading Indicators/Student Data Template (word)
For Additional Information Contact: