Grant Opportunity: Diagnostic Review and Planning Grant
The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 requires that states allocate resources for intensive and sustained support to schools designated as in need of improvement. This grant is made available to Title I Schools with Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan types in order to provide resources and support a focused approach to improvement through a Diagnostic Review and/or improvement planning Support.
Schools may apply for up to $50,000 for a diagnostic review and improvement planning support, or up to $30,000 for improvement planning only. A diagnostic review and action planning support within the last two years will be a prerequisite for applying for a School Improvement Support (SIS) Implementation Grant. Awarded funds must be used for activities related to:
Diagnostic Review by an External Provider:
CDE will collaborate with districts to select a provider that has established that it has the capacity to provide the following services:
- Comprehensive, evidence based review of how the school is functioning in the areas of:
- Standard 1: Standards and Instructional Planning
- Standard 2: Best First Instruction
- Standard 3: Assessment of & for Learning
- Standard 4: Tiered Support
- Standard 5: Leadership
- Standard 6: Culture and Climate
- Standard 7: Educator Effectiveness
- Standard 8: Continuous Improvement
- Final report.
- Staff debrief including:
- Key findings from the review
- High level observations
- Opportunities for improvement
Improvement Planning Support through the Unified Improvement Planning (UIP) process, which may include costs associated with:
- Support for data gathering and organizing (pre-planning for data analysis)
- Review of student performance data;
- Identification of trends and performance challenges;
- Prioritization of performance challenges;
- Root cause analysis;
- Target setting;
- Action planning; and
- Costs associated with involving relevant stakeholders (e.g., staff, parents) in data analysis and action planning.
If you have any questions regarding this program or would like technical assistance, please contact Brad Bylsma at email@example.com.