H.B. (House Bill) 10-1274
- H.B. 10-1274 (22-2-139 C.R.S. and 22-2-409 C.R.S.) requires approved facility schools to notify receiving school districts when students who have been determined to be at risk to self or community within the prior 12 months, will be leaving the facility and returning to the public schools. It also requires a transition planning process for those students, a Memorandum of Understanding between the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Department of Human Services and data collection related to the transition of students under this legislation.
H.B. (House Bill) 08-1204
- Implementation Guidance (DOC)
Exceptional Children's Educational Act (ECEA)
- Facility Schools Rules (PDF)
Graduation Requirements for Approved Facility Schools
- The Facility Schools Act of 2008 [22-2-401 C.R.S.] gives the Facility Schools Board the authority to award high school diplomas to students receiving their educational services through approved facility schools. It directs the Facility Schools Board to establish procedures by which a student will apply to receive a high school diploma and the requirements that a student must meet in order to be awarded such a diploma by the Facility Schools Board. The following documents explain the graduation requirements and procedures as adopted by the Facility Schools Board.
- Graduation Requirement - related documents (COMING SOON!)
Individualized Education Program (IEP)