This program, established in 2012, is dedicated to ensuring that students in foster care are achieving academically through course completion, advancing to the next grade, accruing credits toward graduation, and on a path to post-secondary success. These efforts are being organized by the new State Coordinator for Foster Care Education, who will be leading this work. This position was created in partnership with the Colorado Department of Human Services, Morgridge Family Foundation, and Mile High United Way.
- CWEL Regional Webinar "Welcoming Fall of 2015"
- CWEL Regional Webinar PPT+
- Foster Care Continuum (FCC) Coffee Talks
- This is an opportunity for CWEL’s to learn what is new around foster care education and to talk with each other about current successes and barriers in a collaborative way. Each month a different location around the metro area has been chosen. Come to one or come to all.Breakfast or lunch will be on your own but this will provide us a venue to get together face to face for 2 hours each month. See dates and locations below. RSVP at the event bright hyperlink below, so we can assure we have enough space for everyone who plans to attend.
October 21, Wednesday, 10-12 Pueblo at 5th & Main Espresso Bar at 421 North Main Street, Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 542-1209.
November 17, Thursday 11-1 Aurora Panera Bread, 13100 E. Colfax Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011 (303) 731-8300
December 10, Thursday 10-12 Denver Café United, 711 Park Avenue West, Denver, CO 80205 (303) 291-6999
January 13, Wednesday 9-11 Centennial Solid Grounds Coffee House, 6504 S Broadway, Centennial, CO 80121 (303) 209-7494
February 25, Thursday 10-12 Colorado Springs Stir Coffee Shop, 2330 N Wahsatch Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO (719) 418-6188
March 16, Wednesday 11-1 Fort Collins Lucile, Restaurant 400 S Meldrum Street, Ft. Collins, CO (970) 224-5464
April 21, Thursday 9-11 Thornton Zoe’s Coffee, 11225 Decatur St #200, Westminster, CO 80234 (303) 246-6173
May 17, Tuesday 9-11 Golden Cafe 13, 1301 Arapahoe Street, Suite 110, Golden, CO 80401 (303) 278-2225
June 2, Thursday 11-1 Cherry Creek Noodles and Company, 2205 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80206 (303) 355-2889
- Regional trainings for CWEL’s and Districts
- November 12, Wednesday, Brighton 27J , 27J District Training Room, 80 S. 8th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601 (Click here to RSVP)
- January 20, Wednesday, Jeffco Public Schools, 1829 Denver W Drive, Golden, CO 80401 (Click here to RSVP)
- March, TBD, Denver Public Schools (Click here to RSVP)
- April, TBD, Colorado Springs (Click here to RSVP)