You are here
Child Find Resources
Early Intervention Evaluations
This is the legislative report provided to the Joint Budget Committee from the Colorado Department of Human Services and the Colorado Department of Education regarding the administration of Early Intervention evaluations. Link to report.
- Watching Your Child Grow & Learn Brochure English / Spanish
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Learn the Signs. Act Early.
Child Find Process
- Tips for Supporting Community Coordination around Child Identification (PDF)
- FAQ: AU Notification Opt Out Policy (PDF) for Children Transitioning from Early Intervention Colorado (Part C) to Preschool Special Education (Part B)
- Guidelines for Identifying Young Children with Special Needs (PDF) (April 2018)
- Guidelines for the Educational Evaluation of Autism Spectrum Disorder (PDF)
- Implementation of Birth to Age 3 Child Find Requirements (Part C)
- Memo: Updated Side-by-Side Comparison of Part C Child Find Responsibilities (PDF) (April 10, 2014)
- Senate Bill 07-255 Distribution of Birth to 3 Child Find Responsibilities under IDEA (PDF)
- Required and Permitted Roles of CCBs and AUs for Early Intervention Colorado (Part C) Implementation of Birth to Age 3 Child Find Requirements (PDF)
- Access the recorded webinar that was offered at the end of April 2014 to review the Memo: Updated Side-by-side Comparison of Part C Child Find Responsibilities.
Parental Consent Considerations for Developmental Screening of Children Age Three Through Age Four (PDF): A review of ECEA and IDEA requirements
Model Referral Form for 3 - 5 Child Find from Assuring Better Child Health and Development (ABCD)
Referral Status Updates (PDF): Enhancing Communication and Partnerships with Child Find's Referral Partners
- Early Childhood Hearing Outreach (ECHO) Initiative
- Recorded Webinar on Colorado Early Childhood Hearing Screening Guidelines (2018)
- Colorado Early Childhood Hearing Screening Guidelines (PDF) (2016)
- Visual Screening Guidelines: Children Birth to Five Years (PDF)