You are here
Colorado Academic Standards Communications Toolkit
These communications tools are meant to be used by district leadership and principals when training their staff or community about academic standards. All resources are able to be modified and personalized to meet individual needs. Resources will be continually added to this page so make sure to check back often.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Parent-friendly brochure: This brochure is a brief introduction to the Colorado Academic Standards, which provide a grade-by-grade road map to help ensure students are successful in college, careers and life.
- Standards Guides for Grades K-12: These user-friendly guides to the K – 12 Colorado Academic Standards are available to help families and communities across Colorado better understand the goals and outcomes of the standards.
- Colorado Academic Standards Drop-in Article - This letter was prepared as a tool for school leaders to use to communicate with parents and families in their communities. School leaders are welcome to use the content of the letter in full or in part and may edit the letter as needed. View all drop-in articles.
- Council of Great City Schools Video: This three-minute video explains how the Common Core State Standards will help students achieve at high levels and help them learn what they need to know to get to graduation and beyond.
- The Common Core State Standards: Insight into Their Development and Purpose: This publication provides a clear, concise and accurate summary of the rationale and development process of the Common Core, along with a summary of the research base supporting the standards and evidence that the Common Core State Standards will prepare students for college and careers.