READing Foundations Academy:
WHO: All K-3 teachers, instructional coaches and educational leaders.
WHAT: A no-cost training focused on explicit and systematic Tier 1 instruction in reading with an emphasis on foundational reading skills based in the standards. Participants will dig deeper into the Foundational Skills Standards and how to embed them into daily instruction, study the shift in standards, and explore methods for engaging students in comprehension and writing every day. Modules included in the course are:
- Module 1: Phoneme Articulation and the Text-Dependent Questions
- Module 2: The Outcome-Driven Model and Data Analysis
- Module 3: Phoneme-Grapheme Mapping and Vocabulary
- Module 4: Planning the Comprehension Lesson
- Module 5: High Frequency Words and Comprehension
- Module 6: Reading Fluency and Writing
- Module 7: Integration and Putting it All Together
View and register for sessions scheduled throughout the state or to arrange an academy in your region, contact Donna Bright at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 303-866-6002.