About the Public School Financial Transparency Act
Section 22-44-300, et. seq., C.R.S.
With the passage of HB 10-1036 (PDF), The General Assembly enacted the "Public School Financial Transparency Act", which directs local education providers to post financial information on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access.
Timeline for Compliance
- All documents must be posted or updated within 60 days after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document.
- Prior two budget years' financial information shall be maintained on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access, until the end of the current budget year.
Pursuant to HB 14-1292 (PDF), the Financial Policies and Procedures Advisory Committee of the Department created templates included below for voluntary use by local education providers needing assistance with the on-line posting of the information specified.
- Financial Transparency Webpage Template:
[click to download full size icon]
Required Financial Information
- Annual Budgets:
- District Budget Document
- Uniform Budget Summary Sheet (XLSX)
Although the Uniform Budget Summary Sheet does not meet mandatory budget content as required in 22-44-105 C.R.S., it is required to be included in the budget.
- Financial Audit
- Quarterly Financial Statements
- View sample statement (XLS)
- Salary Schedules or Policies
- Accounts Payable Check Registers
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements
- Investment Performance Reports or Statements
Please ensure all bank account numbers, credit card account numbers and any other sensitive account information is redacted off the financial transparency information posted.