- Financial Transparency Webpage Template: July 1 2015 [PDF] [DOCX]
- Financial Transparency Webpage Template: July 1 2016 [PDF] [DOCX]
- Financial Transparency Webpage Template: July 1 2017 [PDF] [DOCX]
- Financial Transparency Icon
- Financial Transparency Basic Considerations Guide
- Definition of a Colorado Public School
- Sub Committee Meetings
- RFI for HB14-1292
- RFI QA for HB14-1292
- RFP Online School Level Financial Reporting Website
Article 44 of 22, C.R.S. Part 3
Public School Financial Transparency Act
With the passage of HB 10-1036, The General Assembly enacted the "Public School Financial Transparency Act", which directs local education providers to post financial information on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access.
Timeline for Compliance: All documents must be posted or updated within 60 days after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document.
Required Financial Information
- Annual Budgets
- District Budget Document
- Uniform Budget Summary Sheet - (Link to Document)
(Please note that the Uniform Budget Summary Sheet does not meet mandatory budget content as required in 22-44-105 C.R.S., it is required to be included in the budget)
- Financial Audit
- Quarterly Financial Statements - (Link to Sample)
- Salary Schedules or Policies
- Accounts Payable Check Registers
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements
- Investment Performance Reports or Statements
Prior two budget years' financial information shall be maintained on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access, until the end of the current budget year.
Pursuant to statute, the Financial Policies and Procedures Advisoty Committee of the Department created templates included below for coluntary use by local education providers needing assistance with the on-line posting if the information specified.