About the Public School Financial Transparency Act
Section 22-44-300, et. seq., C.R.S.
With the passage of HB 10-1036 (PDF), The General Assembly enacted the "Public School Financial Transparency Act", which directs local education providers to post financial information on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access.
Timeline for Compliance
- All documents must be posted or updated within 60 days after completion or receipt of the applicable report, statement or document.
- Prior two budget years' financial information shall be maintained on-line, in a downloadable format, for free public access, until the end of the current budget year.
Pursuant to HB 14-1292 (PDF), the Financial Policies and Procedures Advisory Committee of the Department created templates included below for use by local education providers needing assistance with the on-line posting of the information specified.
[click to download full size icon]
School Finance Expenditure Analytics
Required Financial Information
- Annual Budgets:
- District Budget Document
- Uniform Budget Summary Sheet (XLSX)
Although the Uniform Budget Summary Sheet does not meet mandatory budget content as required in 22-44-105 C.R.S., it is required to be included in the budget.
- Financial Audit
- Quarterly Financial Statements
- View sample statement (XLS)
- Salary Schedules or Policies
- Accounts Payable Check Registers
- Credit, Debit and Purchase Card Statements
- Investment Performance Reports or Statements
- Individual School Site Financial Information* (districts identified as small/rural with less than 1,000 K-12 students, and having no charter schools, required to post district level financial information only)
Please ensure all bank account numbers, credit card account numbers and any other sensitive account information is redacted off the financial transparency information posted.