The 2015-2016 Leadership Development Participant RFP is now available to districts, charter schools, and the Charter School Institute who serve schools with CDE plan types of Priority Improvement or Turnaround. Please scroll below for the RFP and other related documents.
Eight Turnaround Leadership Development Programs have been approved by the State Board of Education. The identified providers and programs for 2015-2016 are as follows. Please click on each of the Providers for more information about their programs.
- Catapult School Leadership
- Generation Schools Network
- Promethean/University of Florida
- RELAY Graduate School of Education - Principals
- RELAY Graduate School of Education - Principal Managers
- University of Denver - Aspiring Leaders/ELPS MA Program
- University of Denver - Turnaround Success Program
- University of Virginia Partnership for Leaders in Education Program
- The Leadership Development Participant RFP is available to districts, charter schools, and the Charter School Institute who serve schools with CDE plan types of Priority Improvement or Turnaround. For more information please see eligibility list in the Participant RFP.
The School Turnaround Leadership Grant Program, made possible through SB 14-124, establishes and promotes leadership training specifically for the turnaround environment and is an integral part of Colorado’s state-wide strategy to improve the performance of students in the lowest-performing schools and districts in the state. The grant program releases two RFPs, one for providers and one for participants.
The Provider RFP is intended for existing or new leadership development providers. Applicants may apply to have a new or existing program identified as meeting the criteria and quality as outlined in the RFP. Such identified Providers would then be eligible to enroll participants and to receive state funds through the Participant RFP. Provider applicants may also apply for one-time design grants to support the creation and/or development of their turnaround leadership development programs. Applicants must agree to serve leaders in more than one district across the state.
The Participant RFP is intended for districts, charter schools, or the Charter School Institute to apply for state funds in order to have eligible teachers, principals, and district staff enroll and participate in the identified Providers. Applicants may request funds to support teacher leaders, school leaders, and district staff who directly work in or support schools with identified Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan types, according to the Colorado School Performance Frameworks. (The 2014 school plan types were announced at the State Board meeting on December 10, 2014.)
It is the intention of CDE and the Office of Priority Improvement and Turnaround Support to align the support offered through the turnaround leadership development Provider and Participant grants with other supports and partnerships offered through CDE. Applicants are encouraged to review other support systems.
RFP For Participants
RFP Letters of Intent are due Friday, December 11, 2015.
RFP applications are due Friday, January 22, 2016, by 11:59pm.
Participant RFP Documents:
- School Turnaround Leaders Development Grant - Participant Application REVISED (PDF)
- Application Cover Pages and Assurances (Word)
- Letter of Intent REVISED (Word)
- Attachment C - Participant Matrix (Excel)
- School Turnaround Leaders Development Fact Sheet (PDF)
Technical Assistance For Participant RFP
RFP For Providers
RFP Letters of Intent are due Friday, September 11, 2015.
RFP applications are due Monday, September 28, 2015, by 11:59pm.
Provider RFP Documents:
- Turnaround Leaders Development Provider RFP (PDF)
- Turnaround Leaders Development Provider RFP - Cover Page and Assurances (Word)
- Turnaround Leaders Development Provider RFP - Letter of Intent (Word)
- Turnaround Leaders Development Provider RFP - Budget Template (Excel)
Technical Assistance For Provider RFP
State Board of Education Rules Change
The State Board of Education approved a notice of a rulemaking hearing to revise the rules for the School Turnaround Leaders Development Program (STLD) at their October 2015 meeting. The hearing will occur during the State Board of Education meeting on December 9, 2015. This notice opens up a period of public comment. It is recommended that comments are submitted by November 16th, 2015 so that CDE staff have adequate time to revise if necessary and incorporate comments into the materials submitted to the State Board. Comments may be submitted to the State Board up until December 9, 2015.
A draft of the notice to amend the rules for the Administration of the School Turnaround Leaders Development Program (1 CCR 301-95) can be found here. A cross-walk of the rule changes can be found here. If you would like to submit comment, please send written feedback via email directly to the State Board at email@example.com and to Marnie Cooke at Cooke_M@cde.state.co.us
Evaluation Report to the Colorado Legislature:
Turnaround Leadership Resources