- Leadership Development Providers have been approved by the State Board (on February 18, 2015). The identified providers are as follows. Please click on each of the Providers for more information about their programs.
- The Leadership Development Participant RFP is available to districts, charter schools, and the Charter School Institute who serve schools with CDE plan types of Priority Improvement or Turnaround. See below for the Participant RFP.
The School Turnaround Leadership Grant Program, made possible through SB 14-124, will establish and promote leadership training specifically for the turnaround environment and will be an integral part of Colorado’s state-wide strategy to improve the performance of students in the lowest-performing schools and districts in the state. The grant program will release two RFPs.
The Provider RFP is intended for existing or new leadership development providers. Applicants may apply to have a new or existing program identified as meeting the criteria and quality as outlined in the RFP. Such identified Providers would then be eligible to enroll participants and to receive state funds through the Participant RFP. Provider applicants may also apply for one-time design grants to support the creation and/or development of their turnaround leadership development programs. Applicants must agree to serve leaders in more than one district across the state.
The Participant RFP is intended for districts, charter schools, or the Charter School Institute to apply for state funds in order to have eligible teachers, principals, and district staff enroll and participate in the identified Providers. Applicants may request funds to support teacher leaders, school leaders, and district staff who directly work in or support schools with identified Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan types, according to the Colorado School Performance Frameworks. (The 2014 school plan types were announced at the State Board meeting on December 10, 2014.)
It is the intention of CDE and the Office of Priority Improvement and Turnaround Support to align the support offered through the turnaround leadership development Provider and Participant grants with other supports and partnerships offered through CDE. Applicants are encouraged to review other support systems.
RFP For Providers
- RFP Information Webinar Recording: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/p7s1536tfpg/
- RFP was due to CDE Thursday, March 12, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
Provider RFP Documents:
- Second Round - Turnaround Leaders Development Program Provider RFP (PDF)
- Second Round - Turnaround Leaders Development Program Provider RFP - Cover Pages and Assurances (Word)
- Second Round - Turnaround Leaders Development Program Provider RFP - Budget Template (Excel)
RFP for Participants
Participant RFP Documents:
Through the Participant RFP, districts, charter schools, and CSI may apply for funding to support attendance at one or more of the identified Providers. Please see the RFP documents for details.
- Turnaround Leaders Development Program Participant RFP (PDF)
- Turnaround Leaders Development Program Participant RFP - Cover Pages and Assurances (Word)
- Turnaround Leaders Development Program Participant RFP - Budget Template (Excel)
Application Training Webinar Resources: (Webinar took place Tuesday, March 3, 2015)
- Webinar Recording: http://connect.enetcolorado.org/r8ubblzr2a3/
- Webinar Information: Turnaround Leadership Participant Webinar Information
Letters of Intent Due: Friday, March 6, 2015
Applications Due: Thursday, March 19, 2015 by 4:00 p.m.
Please feel free to contact Peter Sherman, Sherman_P@cde.state.co.us with questions about the grant program.