The Consolidated Application is the Local Educational Agency's (LEA’s) plan to theState Educational Agency (SEA), specifically the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), touse federal Title I, Part A, Title II Part A, Title III, Part A, and Title VI Part B funds. Through the online application, applicants will provide a description of how funds are used toprovide all children a significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education, and to close educational achievement gaps.
The 2016-2017 funding year is a “bridge” year between No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requirements for the release of federal funds in FY2016-17. In anticipation of the move to the new law, the Consolidated Application has been updated to a new platform. The new platform features a modular design and progressive disclosure which customizes each district application.
For the 2017-2018 school year, applications will be completed using the new platform that will be used to collect a comprehensive LEA plan based on the requirements described under ESSA.
2016-2017 Consolidated Application
NOTE: We're currently working to complete the functionality to allow LEAs to "submit" their completed application. We will send out email notifications as soon as that function is available.
- Contact Us
For all Consolidated Application related questions or concerns
- District Application Webinar Recording
Walk through the functionality of the new application platform. Additional webinar dates and times will be posted soon.
- BOCES Application Webinar Recording
Walk through the application for BOCES to complete for their districts.
- Training Center
Training materials, general resources, ed-flex, carryover waiver, Non-Public Schools equitable services
- Grants Fiscal
NCLB allocations and fiscal files
- Needs Assessment
Tools that can be helpful to districts in identifying specific needs that can be used for developing their Consolidated Applications
The Colorado Department of Education is pleased to announce the release of the 2016 – 2017 Consolidated Application.
Authorized representative(s) and authorized user(s) in your district should have received their individual login information and password for your district/BOCES. If you have not received that information please contact us
Due Date and Extension Information:
- Due to the delayed release of the Consolidated Application, the due date has been extended until July 29, 2016
- Applications may be submitted at any time prior to the due date
- In order for LEAs to pay for activities from July 1 through the date the LEA submits the 2016 – 2017 application, CDE is granting an extension of the LEA Consolidated Application submitted for the 2015 – 2016 fiscal year for all LEAs
- If the LEA is proposing new activities for the months of July and August that were not in the 2015 – 2016 Consolidated Application, please notify CDE of those activities via the consolidated application email to obtain written approval prior to the implementation of these activities.
- Applicants can now log into the application system to begin allocating and describing the use of funds for the 2016-2017 funding year
- Districts will be able to complete the application but not submit the application
- BOCES application will be available soon
2015-2016 Consolidated Application
- 2015-2016 Post Award Revision (PAR) Information
- 2015-2016 Status Check and Comment Logs
- 2015-2016 Online Platform (Data Tables and Narrative)
- 2015-2016 Strategy-Based Budget (XLS)
- 2015-2016 Strategy-Based Budget Instructions (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Consolidated Application Training Materials & Resources
- Office of Grants Fiscal
For Additional Information Contact:
send an email